Artwork from the two Archie Horror series. Photo: Francesco Francavilla, Robert Hack/Archie Comics Comics geeks, rejoice, for Archie Comics is finally getting back on track with Afterlife With Archie and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. The two series — collectively known as the Archie Horror line — became critical sensations when they launched in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Afterlife was written by screenwriter and playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa with art by Francesco Francavilla, and it followed the adventures of Archie and the gang after Riverdale became overrun by zombies. Sabrina, also written by Aguirre-Sacasa and drawn by Robert Hack, took a more serious approach to black magic than other tales of Sabrina the Teenage Witch had in the past. They were keystones in Archie’s recent rebranding effort — in which they’ve reimagined a wide array of their series — but both of the horror titles ran into massive delays last year: There hasn’t been an Afterlife issue since May or a Sabrina issue since July. That’s all changing. Archie Comics tells us that the two series will return this summer. Aguirre-Sacasa offered this mea culpa, noting that his work on the Archie-based CW pilot Riverdale took up a lot of his time: After a too long delay, Archie Horror is back from near-death, with… Read full this story
- Rob Liefeld "Walked Off All 3" of his DC Comics Series
- Rain postpones Xfinity Series' return at Darlington
- Rain postpones Xfinity Series’ return at Darlington
- Amazon says its delivery times are picking up after long delays
- What Is a Summer Movie Anyway?
- 61 Movies We’re Excited to See This Summer
- The 8 Can’t-Miss Video Games of Summer
- 29 Books We Can’t Wait to Read This Summer
- Which European countries are open for summer tourism?
- 37 Albums We’re Excited to Hear This Summer (and, Someday, Live)
Two Long-Delayed Archie Horror Comics Series Will Return This Summer have 293 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 15, 2016. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.