FINAL UPDATE : Spectre led the international frame for a third weekend in a row, boosted by a fantastic start in China . That $48.1M gross set records for a 2D film and far outpaced Skyfall 's Middle Kingdom debut. Because the Chinese government controls so many variables including release dates and keeps 75% of ticket sales, there is a perception that studios are helpless and can only hope for the best. That's not really true. In fact, Spectre 's record-breaking performance is directly attributable to an aggressive campaign by Sony to market the film in the territory. It is not an accident how strongly Spectre finished its opening weekend, even though the series has traditionally underperformed in the world's No. 2 market, where Skyfall finished with a China gross of $59M. Related Story ‘Spectre’ Smashing China Records With $48M Opening; Global Cume Nears $550M The efforts included screen time for Daniel Craig with Alibaba founder Jack Ma that reached over 500M viewers; digital partnerships; and a key upcoming installment of a hugely popular talk show that will be devoted to Spectre – and conveniently air the same day as The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 enters the market… Read full this story
- SGX Nifty up 75 points; here's what changed for market while you were sleeping
- SGX Nifty down 105 points; here's what changed for market while you were sleeping
- GLOBAL MARKETS-China shares rally, Asian stocks take a breather
- Believe it or not, Europe is finally outperforming Wall Street
- Pandemic leads to six months of global market mayhem
- For shrinking stock markets, corona crisis looks like a turning point
- Hundreds of revellers escape locked-down Leicester and invade sleepy market town for a night on the booze as pubs reopen - leaving streets looking like a 'war zone'
- White paper - Fighting Covid-19: China in Action
- China's plan for revival offers hope
- White House Boosts Regulations to Curb Migrants, Visa Workers
How ‘Spectre’s China Marketing Hustle Gave Huge Boost To Bond – Intl B.O. Final have 310 words, post on deadline.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.