Spectre, the latest installment in the never-ending James Bond series, opens this Friday—and if cryptic and hostile interviews are to be believed, fourth time could be the final time that Daniel Craig slips into the black tux. The star’s potential departure from the franchise has led to a lot of speculation about who could take up the 007 mantle next, with some lobbying hard for a change in ethnicity, sexuality, or gender, while others insist that Bond remain male, straight, and “suave.” But maybe we’re thinking about this casting business all wrong. Maybe, after half a century of sequels, the producers of this series need to really shake (not stir) things up by rethinking the basic alchemy of the character. Maybe it’s time not just for a different actor as Bond, but also a different kind of Bond. Below, we’ve made 17 suggestions—some more plausible than others—for how to make over cinema’s most famous spy. Roger Moore, avert your eyes, because it’s going to get unconventional. 1. Saif Ali Khan is… Desi Bond Advertisement While Ian Fleming conceived of the character as English through and through, over the years we’ve had a Scottish Bond, a Welsh Bond, an Irish Bond,… Read full this story
- James Bond 25: Rami Malek REFUSED to do THIS
- Has Jorja Smith written a Bond theme song?
- James Bond stars unite for sundrenched photocall in Italy
- First black James Bond girl blasts casting of actress who is 007
- 007 crews set up base on Scottish estate for Bond 25 shoot
- Piers Morgan blasts idea James Bond should be played by a woman
- No health and safety probe for new James Bond movie
- Bond 25 title revealed: Daniel Craig has No Time To Die
- Pierce Brosnan: It’s time for a woman to play 007
- BOND WILL BE BACK (SOON)
Bond reborn: 17 suggestions for how to really reboot 007 have 298 words, post on film.avclub.com at November 4, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.