Everyone knew Adele’s new album “25” was going to be big, but not necessarily this big. Billboard reports that if industry projections for the album’s sales are hit, it will be the largest-selling album in a week in Nielsen SoundScan history (the company started monitoring album sales in 1991). It would beat the record currently held by *NSYNC’s “No Strings Attached,” which came out in 2000. Sony Music projects first-week CD sales for “25,” which comes out Friday, at 1.5 million, while downloads should come in at about 1 million. “25” is expected to have a larger proportion of digital sales than Adele’s previous album, “19,” whose digital copies only accounted for 28 percent of sales. If that holds, Adele will be selling a total 2.5 million copies in her first week. The *NSYNC album sold 2.4 million 15 years ago. Additionally, Adele’s album will not be available on streaming services Spotify or Apple Music. It goes without saying at this point, but this kind of sales achievement is unheard of in the current music market. It seems Adele is breaking one record after another.
- Twitter Reacts To ‘Yandhi,’ Kanye West’s New Album, Rumored Sequel To ‘Yeezus’
- Rapper XXXTentacion signed a $10 million deal for a new album weeks before his death in a shooting
- Kanye West chose a relatively unknown app to livestream his new album release — and it's skyrocketed to the top of the App Store
- Kanye West says he's bipolar on his new album — here's what that really means
- David Bowie on course for fastest selling album of 2013
- Pink Floyd’s The Endless River is fastest selling vinyl album of the century
- Madonna Makes UK Singles Chart History
- StarCraft II Is the Fastest Selling Strategy Game in History
- Sales of ‘old albums’ overtake sales of ‘new albums’ for the first time
- ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ is now the fastest-selling Nintendo game of all time, with 12 million copies sold in less than 2 months
Adele’s new album is projected to be the fastest-selling in chart history have 324 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at November 19, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.