Rating: 3.0/5 Director: Meghna Gulzar Cast: Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma, Neeraj Kabi, Tabu, Sohum Shah, Atul Kumar, Gajraj Rao By Saibal Chatterjee It is nearly two years since the parents of Aarushi Talwar were convicted for her murder, but many facets of the sensational case still remain trapped in the realms of wild conjecture. Meghna Gulzar’s Talvar sets out to put those unanswered questions back in the public domain. It does a very good job of it. To begin with, the director, making a comeback after a long hiatus, does not baulk at the sensitive nature of the subject. She treats the complex themes inherent in the tale with mellow confidence and an unwavering sense of balance. Talvar delves into the unresolved issues pertaining to the 2008 Noida double murder case in the light of details drawn from research and the court proceedings. Working with a marvellous screenplay by the film’s co-producer and music composer Vishal Bhardwaj, the director delivers a low-key but hugely effective drama that works at several levels. Talvar is an impressive achievement as much for its consistent restraint as for the riveting quality of the narrative. The film is much more than just a tale… Read full this story
- Special Correspondents review: Is Ricky Gervais Adam Sandler now?
- Adobe Aero let me walk through my own photos in augmented reality
- Theater Review: A Grown-up Peter Pan
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 3/4/2020
- The Way Back Review: Ben Affleck Elevates an Average Script With a Stellar Performance
- ‘90s girl group All Saints: Inside their bitter split and unlikely comeback
- Pearl Jam Combine Fury and Maturity on ‘Gigaton’
- 'Love Is Blind's' Jessica Was The Reality TV Villain We Needed
- Checking in on the Reality of Life in Port Protection, AK
- Devi Short Film Review: Kajol, Neha Dhupia And Shruti Haasan's Film Will Send Chills Down Your Spine
Review: Talvar - Mature Reconstruction Of Bitter Reality have 317 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at October 2, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.