It’s appropriate that a landmark technological sporting event is being staged on the same week as the 30th anniversary of “Back to the Future II”.That’s because the future is now for the free streaming of an NFL game globally through all devices.The league has showcased its product on the Internet before via business partnerships with television networks and Verizon, but never to the extent of what will unfold with Sunday’s matchup between Buffalo and Jacksonville in London.Yahoo is the host site for a game that serves as a likely precursor to how the NFL and other sporting entities will be presenting their product.”I think it is not just about how you’re going to be experiencing sports in the future but also TV in general,” said Adam Cahan, Yahoo’s senior vice president of video, design and emerging offerings.”It’s an interesting phenomenon. In the U.S., both cable and satellite providers for the first time ever are losing subscribers. As the number of households and the penetration rate goes down, larger and larger audiences are no longer engaging in TV as their primary source of video consumption.”NFL content remains America’s highest-rated television programming and has yet to take a hit from cable and… Read full this story
- Can Science See Inside An NFL Player's Skull Before It's Too Late?
- Yahoo Japan, messaging app provider Line to merge by October 2020
- Subscription-free streaming for NFL games
- You Can Stream a Ton of NFL Games For Free This Weekend Via Yahoo Sports
- Everything We Know About Colin Kaepernick And His NFL Future Following His Workout
- SoftBank to create $30 bln tech giant with Yahoo Japan, Line Corp merger
- SoftBank to build $30 billion tech giant with Yahoo Japan, Line Corp merger
- Former NFL Executive Michael Lombardi Worries About Tua Tagovailoa's Size
- REVEALED: NFL asked Colin Kaepernick to sign waiver 'protecting the league from future collusion lawsuits' before he backed out and hosted his own tryout
- Stocks in the news: Dish TV, ZEEL, Future Lifestyle, Axis Bank, DRL and TechM
NFL venture with Yahoo will offer glimpse into the future have 338 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 23, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.