|Labour Hero Ho Giao, who was the inspiration behind various literary works, passed away on October 14. — Photo nld.com.vn|
HA NOI (VNS) — Well-known farmer Ho Giao, who figured in many literary works by Vietnamese writers, passed away on October 14 due to old age in his homeland in Quang Ngai Province.
He was 85 years old.
He was the only farmer to be awarded the title of Labour Hero twice — in 1966 and 1986 — for his work in raising cattle.
Giao was born into a farmer family in Tinh Son Commune in the central Quang Ngai Province’s Son Tinh District. At the age of 13, he worked as a cowhand for various rich families in the province. At the age of 18, he joined the revolutionary troops to fight the French invaders. He then worked as a professional cattle raiser in Ba Vi Agriculture Farm in the 1960s. Soon, he became a good example of a successful farmer with his special way of raising milk cows. He was bestowed the title of Labour Hero by the state in 1966 and 1986, when he controlled a herd of 1,000 buffaloes that came from India. His unique contribution to the country’s agricultural sector was the inspiration behind various characters in prose and poetry works, such as a poem entitled Gap Anh Ho Giao (A Meeting with Ho Giao) by poet To Huu, and a song entitled Bai Ca Anh Ho Giao (A Song on Ho Giao) by composer Nhat Lai.
His life was the inspiration behind two documentaries, entitled Chan Dung Mot Anh Hung (Portrait of a hero) by director Dinh Anh Dung, released in 1988, and Nguoi Binh Thuong (An Ordinary Man) by Quang Ngai Television Station in 2008, and a movie entitled Co Xanh Im Lang (Quiet Green Grass) by director Nguyen Thuoc.
A reading practice essay, entitled Dan Be Cua Anh Ho Giao (Ho Giao’s Calves) by writer Phuong Vu, has been part of the Vietnamese language course book for second-grade students for dozens of years. — VNS
- [CURVEBALL INTERVIEW] A new Park Chan-ho starts to carve out his own legend
- Ken Kesey, Author of 'Cuckoo's Nest,' Who Defined the Psychedelic Era, Dies at 66
- Saul Bellow, Who Breathed Life Into American Novel, Dies at 89
- Someone should make a game about: Cold Comfort Farm
- Yang Huaiding, warehouse keeper who became a hero in China for his investment triumphs – obituary
- DEATH OF POL POT; Pol Pot, Brutal Dictator Who Forced Cambodians to Killing Fields, Dies at 73
- Arthur Miller, Moral Voice Of American Stage, Dies at 89
- Benjamin Jesty: The unsung hero of vaccination
- Jeff LaBar dead: Cinderella guitarist dies suddenly aged 58 as heartbroken son speaks out
- Brilliantly British: local heroes revered worldwide for their unique craftsmanship
- Named for 9/11 rescuers and Black Saturday heroes, the Firefighter is the perfect Valentines rose
- Hero pilot rescues adorable newborn French bulldog puppies from raging wildfires
- Have a Lethal Gremlins French Connection Christmas: 21 non-holiday holiday movies
- For better or worse, Man Of Steel is the exact Superman movie Zack Snyder wanted to make
- The Best Games for Chromebooks | Digital Trends
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 13
- The Best Fantasy Movies on Netflix (July 2021) | Digital Trends
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 5
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 6
Hồ Giáo, a farming hero dies have 522 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 15, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.