Rod Stewart and the Faces reunited for their first public concert in over two decades Saturday night when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame act performed a Prostate Cancer U.K . benefit gig at the Hurtwood Polo Club in Surrey, England. Guitarist Ronnie Wood and drummer Kenney Jones joined Stewart for the seven-song set, which marked the first time the three had performed together in public since the brief Faces reunion at the 1993 Brit Awards, Ultimate Classic Rock reports .
In January, just a month after the death of keyboardist Ian McLagan , the surviving Faces got together to play two songs at Stewart's 70th birthday party. During the Saturday night concert for 5,000 attendees, Stewart often paid tribute to both McLagan and late bassist Ronnie Lane. For the hits-filled performance, the Faces were backed by a horn section as the band ripped through their "I Feel So Good," "Ooh La La," "Stay With Me," "You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything" and "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller." They also delivered a pair of Stewart's Faces-assisted solo cuts, "(I Know) I'm Losing You" and "I'd Rather Go Blind."
Following the concert, Stewart, Wood and Jones all tweeted about their reunion. "What an amazing night last night was! The biggest thank you to everyone involved," Jones wrote . The benefit gig was especially meaningful to Jones as the drummer battled prostrate cancer in 2013; it was also Jones who orchestrated this reunion.
In January 2014, Jones hinted that he and Wood might reunite with Stewart . "We've been talking," the drummer said. "Woody's management and myself, we were talking to Rod's management." Stewart added that he had "earmarked" 2015 as a possible time to reunite with the Faces.
- We Tried J.Lo and A-Rod's 10-Day No Sugar, No Carb Challenge—and Lost 16 Pounds
- Your Creative Calendar: 54 Things To Do, Watch, Hear, And Read This October
- Review: Q Acoustics Media 4 Soundbar
- Your Creative Calendar: 73 Things To Do, See, And Hear This August
- The 'fool' that fentanyl made into a millionaire
- Here Are 40 Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies, Ranked from Worst to Best
- Coop's Corner: Demo 2000: The place to be
- US intelligence chief: we might use the internet of things to spy on you
- Jazz advocacy: Guitarist Sam Miltich teaches mental-health tolerance with music
- The creepiness factor in healthcare data analytics
- Why 'Star Trek Discovery' Season 1 was a cosmic dud
- Digital disruption: 10 ways to survive and thrive
- For Doctors, Delving Deeper as a Way to Avoid Burnout
- NEXT09: deconstructing the enterprise gulf
- Coop's Corner: How Linus goofed up
- American Horror Story: Cult takes drunken aim at the ‘politics of fear’
- Oscar Health: a rebel brand without a cause
- Guest Blogger Interview: John Fox of GroupSmarts
Watch Rod Stewart Reunite With Faces at Benefit Gig have 485 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 6, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.