EXCLUSIVE: Nearly a year and a half after the producer and the agency took their first legal swing at the cable channel over alleged unpaid fees, self-dealing, gross receipts and more from The Walking Dead, they’re back today to take a new blockbuster-sized bite with some missing teeth. In a proposed amended complaint filed Tuesday, Frank Darabont and CAA claim that AMC have played even faster and looser with big money due to the producer from the five seasons-and-counting zombie apocalypse hit series. Surprisingly, the amended complaint has also altered the language of the wrong termination claim that had stood as a pillar of the original filing on December 17, 2013. Darabont exited TWD abruptly in July 2011 after the first season had aired and Season 2 was in production. Whereas the initial complaint said that “AMC wrongful termination of Darabont is further manifest from its failure to comply with its own Standards and Conditions contained in the Agreement” the language now reads that “AMC exercised its contractual ‘pay or play’ right to remove Darabont from the series.” With a “Nonetheless” changed to an “Instead” the amended complaint (read it here) still claims that “AMC summarily fired Darabont without cause, without… Read full this story
- 'The Walking Dead' lawsuit shuffles forward as AMC responds to former showrunner Frank Darabont's claims
- 'The Walking Dead' review: Round two of AMC cult zombie hit returns with more flair, humanity
- Fired NYC Correction Officer blames boss for inmate's death, says he was told not to 'bother' him unless man was 'dead'
- Transgender cop files lawsuit against Connecticut city, police agency that fired her
- Ophadell Williams, driver involved in deadly Bronx bus crash, found not guilty of manslaughter
- Readers sound off on Ferguson, wrongful convictions and Bill Cosby
- Spying, harassment, ambition claims: Why cop sued Asbury Park
- Teacher dead. Pill doc arrested. Did state miss warning signs?
- Prison lawsuit: Delaware put dollars before safety
- Mother's wrongful-death suit faces legal obstacles
‘Walking Dead’ Lawsuit: Frank Darabont & CAA Seek Millions More From AMC; Wrongful Termination Claim Finessed have 314 words, post on deadline.com at August 4, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.