Builders have a tendency to put form over function, which makes the Gemini Project from T3 Racing stand out. This limited run of highly modded Triumph Speed Triples aren’t your normal custom builds: they’re completely reworked bikes built by the crew that founded the one-make Triumph Triple Challenge race series.
The project started with T3 Racing owner Tony Scott teaming up with Kevin Taggart, a designer at the Spirit of the Seventies. They wanted to make something that rode as good as it looked, and that started with the frame from a Triumph 1050 Speed Triple.
Using the new-for-2011 Triumph frame as a donor, the steering angle and wheelbase remain the same, but shoved inside is a thoroughly reworked 3-cylinder Hinkley Motor tuned up to 160 HP, with a claimed boost in torque and a higher redline.
The front forks are modified Showa units with new internals and billet aluminum fork drop-outs, and hanging at the end are six-piston dual calipers.
The wheels are magnesium, with a six-inch wide tire mounted out back, attached to a single-sided aluminum swingarm and Ohlin rear damper.
T3 specializes in electronics, so in addition to the ECU tweaks, the Gemini is fitted with a quick shifter, touchscreen, and a keyless ignition.
T3 is taking orders beginning on August 31st and is promising only six bikes per country in its 100-unit run. No word on price yet, but with that custom carbon fiber body work and exclusivity, don’t expect to find the price of entry in your couch cushions.
- Tag Heuer Connected Modular 45 Golf Edition review
- Best graphics card for video editing
- Now edit tweets, auto-delete those via Brizzly+ on Twitter
- Online calculator backed by Emma Watson shows how bad your shopping habit is for the planet: So what is YOUR fashion footprint?
- Macbooks, iPads, And More Discounted In Limited-Time Sale
- Transgender queen crowned in Thailand as coronavirus limits crowd
- 2018 Mercedes G-Class To Debut In January At Detroit Auto Show?
- Show Notes: European mobile explosion
- OPPO makes history with first-ever WhatsApp call using 5G network
- Oppo Reno 3 Pro review: Double delight for selfie lovers with world’s first 44MP dual punch hole camera
- Shania Twain rocks black romper before changing into sparkling silver gown to present at the Grammys
- Lagonda Electric SUV Teased Ahead Of 2021 Launch
- Official: BMW i8 Production To End In April
- Denver DJ accused of 'groping' Taylor Swift testifies saying he only touched her rib cage and is attacked for giving SEVEN conflicting accounts of the incident and destroying evidence as her mom sits crying beside her
- Check out the 789-hp Ferrari 812 Superfast's unveiling in Geneva
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about Disney's streaming service
- Snap is the world’s most innovative company of 2020
- The Doors Reflect on Earliest Concerts, Jim Morrison’s Genius
- Hear Pearl Jam, Melvins, Blondie Drummers Team Up on Experimental Track
- Amazon Echo vs. Echo Plus
These Limited Edition Triumph Triples Are Built By Racers And It Shows have 466 words, post on jalopnik.com at August 5, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.