“Led Zeppelin was a creative force that you can’t just snap your fingers and create,” Jimmy Page tells me when I ask why the band didn’t continue in 1980 after the death of John Bonham, and why he doesn’t expect them to reunite again as they did at London’s O2 in 2007. “It was a blend of these four master musicians, and each of us were important to the sum total of what the band was. I like to think that if it had been me that wasn’t there, the others would have made the same decision not to carry on. Besides, we couldn’t just get somebody in there and say, ‘Do this, this way?’ That wouldn’t have been honest or of the same creative nature that we had always striven for. And it’s why we still have only done it properly once.”We’re midway through our hour-long chat about the latest—and final—batch of deluxe reissues from the Led Zeppelin catalog, and I’m seated across from Page in his elegant hotel suite sharing a coffee. It’s truly striking how sharp Page’s memory is for details from the hazy ’70s, when Led Zeppelin were rock gods among men. He’s quick to correct… Read full this story
- Letz Zep rock through 50 years of Led Zeppelin’s music
- Sour note as guitar maker Gibson of B.B. King, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page fame seeks bankruptcy protection
- Timberwolves’ Jimmy Butler Rekindles Playoff Fire in Minnesota
- 5 Things To Do This Weekend In Louisville (4/20)
- ‘The integration of China into the global economy is a great success story of the US-led order’
- 2020 or bust? GAO watchdogs foresee further delays for orbital spaceships
- Things to Do in Pasco and Hernando counties starting May 4
- Robbie Williams 'had his car attacked by roaming peacocks'
- REVIEW: Joe Bonamassa brings both the expected and surprises to Easton's State Theatre
- Utopia: Why the groundbreaking '70s and '80s band decided to reunite
Jimmy Page on a Led Zeppelin Reunion: ‘I Can’t Foresee Doing It Again’ have 329 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at August 1, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.