Sony and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of Cop Car, the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Marvel and Sony Pictures, and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal conducted an extensive search for both the actor and the director. The studios and producers were impressed by Tom Holland’s performances in The Impossible, Wolf Hall and the upcoming In the Heart of the Sea, and by a series of complex screen tests. Following Marvel’s tradition of working with the brightest next wave of directors, Watts also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal and the studio, before winning the job. RELATED: Spider-Man Vs. Star-Lord: Chris Pratt and Tom Holland Weigh in on Who’d Win Commenting on the announcement, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, released the following statement. “It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job. The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s… Read full this story
- No, That Marvel Spider-Man Announcement Isn't a
- Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4: Everything we know about Spidey's new game
- Tom Holland Reportedly Helped the Spider-Man Truce Come to Fruition
- Nooooooooo, Not Tom Holland!!!!!
- Everything We Learned About Spider-Man's Globetrotting Adventure in the
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Spider-Man's Alter Ego, the Night Monkey, Gets the Official Trailer He Damn Well Deserves
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming': What we know about the film so far
- Tom Holland's Making It Really Hard to Honor My Apartment's 'No Dogs' Policy
- J. Jonah Jameson and the 2019 Version of Spider-Man's Daily Bugle Has Arrived
Tom Holland Is Marvel's Spider-Man, Director Announced have 304 words, post on movieweb.com at June 23, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.