A store clerk armed with a machete trapped a gunman inside a Brooklyn bodega during a wild robbery caught on video early Saturday — and dodged a bullet that instead hit a bystander.
Clerk Bidel Elmontiher was held up at gunpoint inside the Stanly Convenience Store on Stanley Ave. in East New York about 5:35 a.m. Saturday.
The robber grabbed $700 and two cartons of cigarettes from behind the counter then went to the back of the store.
That’s when clerk Elmontiher, 38, jumped into action.
Grabbing a two-foot machete from behind the counter, Elmontiher ran outside and braced himself against the door, trapping the armed robber inside the store.
He ordered the thief to put back what he stole and surrender – but the gunman had other plans. The stick-up man fired at Elmontiher, shattering the glass door with hot lead.
“He took his gun and just shot (at) me,” Elmontiher said.
The panicked clerk ran off while the gunman fled to his getaway vehicle — a bike.
“After I left, he took his bike and went,” said a still-stunned Elmontiher.
The clerk didn’t realize a 47-year-old security guard in a booth at a construction site across the street had been hit in the thigh by one of the stray bullets meant for Elmontiher.
“I hope my friend’s okay,” said Elmontiher, who is friendly with the security guard but does not know his name.
Paramedics rushed the man to Brookdale University Hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
Cops were looking for the gunman Saturday.
Elmontiher said the robber had come into the store three times, once with a woman in tow, in the hours before the robbery, presumably to case out the store.
ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
With Rocco Parascandola
- Battle at the border: Fire, smoke, and tear gas fill the air as Greek police fight back migrants trying to break through from Turkey after President Erdogan threw open its doors
- Thornton police arrest Walmart shooting suspect who allegedly killed 3
- Small Hero Dog Shot Twice in Leg Survives and Saves Young Girl From Armed Home Intruders
- Deadly mass shooting at Molson Coors brewery and headquarters in US state of Wisconsin
- Why we MUST stop the scandal of our shop workers being battered to death
- Shocking moment Greek coastguards SHOOT at a dinghy full of migrants on the same day a child drowned when their boat capsized off of Lesbos
- Manila shooting – Gunman with grenade surrenders and frees 30 hostages after 9-hour siege at Philippines shopping mall
- A Video Game Went Viral Across India. Then Police Started Arresting Its Young Players.
- Number of people dead from coronavirus in the U.S. rises to SIX after four new deaths as top infectious disease official warns the spread has reached 'pandemic proportions'
- One thousand people who came into contact with coronavirus NY lawyer are ordered to self-quarantine after he infected his wife, son, daughter and neighbor - while LA County declares state of emergency with six new cases and US death toll hits 11
- Shelves keep emptying across America as demand for hand sanitizer rockets 73% and shoppers load up on bottled water amid coronavirus panic
- Christchurch terror attack: 49 dead and a nation’s heart breaks
- ATF: Las Vegas shooter had 12 guns modified to mimic automatics – live updates
- Italy's coronavirus death toll hits 107 just weeks after first case in the country - as all schools and universities and sporting venues are locked down and authorities plan a ban on KISSING
- Apex Legends tips (Season 4) - Apex Legends guide with 100 practical top tips for all skill levels
- Apocalypse in New Orleans
- Slaughtered one by one as girl, 10, lay dead next to her dolly – how axe maniac took family hostage in 3 DAYS of terror
- Katie Hill, After the Scandal
- Struttin’ His Stuff
- How Delhi Violence Brought Back Memories of Babri Masjid in a Once Peaceful Hindu-Muslim Neighbourhood
Armed robber in Brooklyn store wounds bystander as he tries to shoot machete-wielding worker guarding door (VIDEO) have 629 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 13, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.