Welcome to today’s edition of Nerd Alert , where we have all the off-beat nerdy news for you in one convenient spot. What do we have on tap for today? Mad Max: Fury Road gets a surprisingly appropriate mashup with Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt , Gillette unveils Avengers: Age of Ultron razors, Jean-Claude Van Damme gets a Bloodsport Mentos commercial and much more. So sit back, relax and enjoy all that today’s Nerd Alert has to offer.
Mad Max: Fury Road Gets Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Mashup
Given the critical and financial success of Mad Max: Fury Road thus far, most had to know that some sort of mashup was coming, but I don’t know if anyone expected the apocalyptic adventure would get mashed up with the Netflix comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt . The video from YouTube user Albert Lopez is hilariously effective, as scenes from Mad Max: Fury Road play out against Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt ‘s infectiously catch theme song.
Avengers: Age of Ultron Superhero Razors from Gillette
Gillette has “teamed up” with Stark Industries to unveil new razors with “Avengers-inspired technology.” Of course, these razors aren’t real, but these humorous videos show how the powers from Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor could be used to revolutionize the shaving process.
Inside Out “Don’t Talk” PSA with Lewis Black
The Alamo Drafthouse is one of the biggest proponents of moviegoers staying quiet in the theater, and they regularly debut a series of “Don’t Talk” PSA videos featuring stars of upcoming movies. Today they have debuted their latest PSA, featuring Inside Out ‘s Lewis Black , who appropriately voices “Anger” in the animated comedy. If you want to avoid Lewis Black ‘s wrath, you’d do well to stay quiet when watching Inside Out in theaters on June 19.
Star Trek Garden Gnomes
For those Star Trek fans with a green thumb, ThinkGeek has debuted a series of hilarious garden gnomes featuring beloved characters Kirk, Spock, Gorn and Redshirt. The gnomes are currently available for purchase exclusively at ThinkGeek for $24.99 apiece.
Bill Murray Jumps out Of a Cake For David Letterman
David Letterman ‘s final broadcast of Late Show with David Letterman airs tonight, May 20, but tonight’s episode will be an hour-long tribute to the late-night icon. Last night’s broadcast was his final “regular” episode, with Bill Murray serving as his final guest, where he said goodbye in his own unique way, jumping out of a cake and giving Letterman a big cake-filled hug. Tune in tonight for David Letterman ‘s final episode of Late Show with David Letterman , before Stephen Colbert takes over as host in Septmeber.
The World’s Biggest Movie Sets
The folks over at Wallpaper Direct have come up with a handy infographic that breaks down the world’s biggest movie sets ever constructed. From classics like 1923’s The Ten Commandments and 1959’s Ben-Hur to modern epics like Titanic and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey , fans can learn more about these monstrous sets throughout cinematic history.
Jupiter Ascending Honest Trailer
Jupiter Ascending didn’t exactly set the box office on fire earlier this year, taking in just $47 million domestic, although it fared much better internationally with $134.5 million. The folks at Screen Junkies have tackled the Wachowski’s divisive sci-fi effort in their latest Honest Trailer, which tears the critically-panned movie to shreds.
Bloodsport Mentos Commercial Parody
Remember those Mentos commercials from the 1990s? As it turns out, the catchy Mentos theme works perfectly when paired with a scene from 1988’s Bloodsport , where Frank Dux ( Jean-Claude Van Damme ) leads his pursuers Helmer (Norman Burton) and Rawlins ( Forest Whitaker ) on an amusing foot chase through the streets of Hong Kong. It’s actually quite eerie how well the Mentos jingle and this scene go together, unlike the combination of Mentos and Diet Coke.
That wraps it up for today’s Nerd Alert . Do you have any suggestions for future Nerd Alert columns? Hit us up on Twitter @MovieWeb and send us your suggestions, and it may even make it in the next edition. Check back tomorrow for the next installment of Nerd Alert .
- Bill Murray cuts ‘Late Show’ interview short to train for New York City Marathon
- Brian Truitt's 10 best movies of 2015
- Steampunk meets kung fu in AMC’s latest drama ‘Into the Badlands’
- Lamar Odom and Caitlyn Jenner top Google’s 2015 ‘Year in Search’
- 'Rogue One' spin-off reawakens 'Star Wars' fans
- Zoë Kravitz: I was nixed from ‘Dark Knight Rises’ audition for being ‘urban’
- On Name Your Car Day, here are 10 of the best nicknamed vehicles from pop culture
- Johnson, 'San Andreas' rock the box office
- Oscar films? Sorry, people with kids don’t go to the movies.
- MTV Movie Awards: Watch for raps about Leo, an onstage makeout
- Deranged gunman shot dead in Antioch, Tenn. movie theater was armed with an Airsoft gun, hatchet, fake bomb: police
- 25 most memorable movie scenes from 2014
- Fugitive duo who sped across Staten Island during car chase rammed cops before capture: authorities (VIDEO)
- Phoenix local music picks for May: Blunt Club anniversary, Decker., the Stakes, Tom Petty tribute
- How do you build a better 'Spider-Man' movie? Go back to school
- S'mores, one of summer's favorite sweet treats, get a makeover at NYC restaurants
- Amanda Seyfried: Playing a porn star in 'Lovelace' didn't sexually liberate me
- Arthouse Holiday Movie Preview: Indies like Sylvester Stallone's 'Reach Me' and the lesbian rom-com 'Life Partners' head to theaters
- Readers sound off on birth control, Mitt’s money and TV shows
- Summer movie preview: Daily News critics sort through the season's best
Nerd Alert: Mad Max Mashup, Bloodsport, Bill Murray on Letterman & More have 928 words, post on movieweb.com at May 20, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.