Six months ago, when Kardashian West, 34, started planning a family trip to Armenia, her ancestral homeland, an idea came to her: use the same journey abroad to visit the holy land of Jerusalem and have North, 22 months, baptized.
On April 14, the reality star and husband Kanye West, 37, flew to Jerusalem for the religious ceremony. Joining the couple was Kardashian West’s sister Khloé, who served as North’s godmother because of the “very special bond” they share, says a close family source.
Kardashian West chose the historic St. James Cathedral in the Armenian Quarter of the city, for the hour-long Christian ceremony, which was performed by Armenian priests in both Armenian and English. The couple felt “having their daughter baptized there was such an incredible energy,” says the source. “They were so happy and at peace in Jerusalem.”
North, however, decided to save her own energy and sweetly fell asleep in her mother’s arms during some of the service, during which she had holy water poured over her head and was given a cross by the church.
For more of the family’s trip overseas, including North’s baptism, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.
— Jennifer Garcia
- On Jerusalem, the world's most contested capital
- US closes Jerusalem consulate, demoting Palestinian mission
- Palestinian killed in West Bank clashes with Israeli troops
- Ancient West Bank site draws Christians, and controversy
- North Dakota pastor leads groups on pilgrimages to Israel
- Border Police capture members of terrorist cell near Jerusalem - watch
- Border Police captures members of terrorist cell near Jerusalem - watch
- Kim Kardashian shares rare early morning family selfie with Kanye West
- Kim Kardashian West cancels trip to Israel
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson shares pic of severely swollen foot, ask fans for advice
- First pic of 'innocent' newsagent, 54, stabbed to death opening shop in London 'for a few pounds'
- Britain hit with 4in of SNOW in north England with icy rain and sub-zero gusts
- Tornado in Columbus, Mississippi destroys church. A baptism was held the next morning.
- CLOSED! US Shutters Diplomatic Mission In Jerusalem – Fake AP Calls It A “Demotion” For Palestinians
- Missionaries from the global south try to save the godless West
- Abbas: U.S. to allow Israel to annex parts of West Bank, give Hamas Gaza
- Pic Quik owner threatens to sue state, city to halt Valley Drive project
- Kim and Kanye reveal baby girl's name: Chicago West
- UK weather: Spring snow across Midlands and North as temperatures drop
- Scott Disick slammed for posting pic of Penelope stretching her eyelids at Asian eatery
See the First Pics of North West's Jerusalem Baptism have 502 words, post on people.com at April 22, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.