VGP – PM Nguyen Tan Dung and the Vietnamese delegation left Ha Noi on March 16 to pay official visits to Australia from March 17-18 and New Zealand from March 19-20 at the invitation of Australian and New Zealand counterparts Tony Abbott and John Key.
Viet Nam and Australia agreed to upgrade the relationship to Strategic Partnership in 2009. In 2013, the two sides launched a number of realistic activities to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties.
In term of economics, the two-way trade turnover increased from US$32.3 million in 1990 to nearly US$6 billion in 2014.
Australia has poured US$1.65 billion in 320 projects in Viet Nam, ranking 19 among 101 nations and territories investing in Viet Nam.
Viet Nam has invested in 17 projects in Australia with a total capital of US$140 million in the processing industry and restaurants.
Australia committed to providing AUD138.9 million for Viet Nam in the 2013-2014 phase and AUD140 million in the 2014-2015 phase.
The two sides have strengthened cooperation in national security and defense, preventing crimes, controlling illegal immigrants and exchanging experiences and information.
Australia has provided 4,000 scholarships for Vietnamese students over the past 40 years. Currently, around 30,000 Vietnamese are studying in Australia.
In 2015, Viet Nam and New Zealand will celebrate the 40thanniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties. The two nations set up the Comprehensive Partnership relations in 2009.
The two nations’ two-way trade turnover attained the average growth rate of 20% per year, achieving nearly US$800 million in 2014.
New Zealand is investing in 25 valid projects, worth US$82 million in Viet Nam, ranking 42nd.
At international forums, New Zealand advocated Viet Nam to become a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council in the 2008-2009 phase.
New Zealand is cooperating with Viet Nam in the Trans-Pacific Partnership negations. The two sides commit to supporting each other in running for the non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (New Zealand in the 2015-2016 period and Viet Nam in the 2020-2021 period).
The Vietnamese PM’s visits to these two nations aim to promote the relationship, enhance the development aids and foreign direct investment from Australia and New Zealand in Viet Nam and expand cooperation in the fields of agriculture, education, exploitation, construction, finance, banking and services.
By Thuy Dung
- Global Online Marketing Profile - Australia & New Zealand
- Attending University Abroad in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji
- Choosing the Best College in Australia, New Zealand Or Fiji
- Why Consider a Study Abroad Program in Australia, New Zealand Or the South Pacific?
- New Zealand Tours and Vacations
- 7 Important Traveling Tips When Traveling in Australia and New Zealand
- Benefit From a Year Or Semester Abroad in New Zealand, Australia Or Fiji!
- A Popular Choice is a New Zealand Motoring Holiday
- Cape Kidnappers - New Zealand
- New Zealand Bed and Breakfast - Warm Beds and Great Food
- 5 Attractions to Visit in Wellington, New Zealand
- So You're Moving To New Zealand?
- Where to Stay in New Zealand?
- Tour New Zealand in 2 Weeks Or More
- Choosing a New Zealand Or Australia Degree Program
- Research Driven Education - PhD Study in Australia and New Zealand
- Comparing an Australia and New Zealand Master's Degree Program
- Top Education in Less Time - The Benefit of Earning a Bachelor Degree in Australia Or New Zealand
- New Zealand Wine Tours From Auckland to Marlborough by Bike and Coach
- Why Do You Need a Higher Education Consultant For Study in UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand?
PM starts tour to Australia, New Zealand have 556 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at March 16, 2015. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.