Photo: Jeff Minton Near the end of 2013, Bob Odenkirk went to Bryan Cranston for advice. The two became friends as cast members on Breaking Bad, which had just wrapped up its final season on AMC, but they weren’t exactly peers. Cranston’s starring role as, of course, Walter White, the cancer-stricken chemistry teacher who reconstructs his timid self into a murderous meth kingpin, was intrinsic to the show’s appeal and won him, among other honors, four lead-actor Emmys. Odenkirk, on the other hand, was a mere character actor. He played Saul Goodman, a shady lawyer who knew his ship wasn’t coming in, a comic role contrapuntal to the dark-hearted show. Now the series creator, Vince Gilligan, was offering Odenkirk his own star turn in a spinoff, Better Call Saul. He drove from his house in the Hollywood Hills to a coffee shop in the San Fernando Valley, near where Cranston keeps an office, to pose one big question. “How do you do it?” Odenkirk asked. Cranston thought he was being asked for a pep talk. “He looked at me at first like, Well, a human being can do it. It’s not impossible,” Odenkirk told me over lunch in L.A. in… Read full this story
- Mike Krzyzewski of Duke - "Coach K" - breaks Bob Knight's wins mark for college basketball
- Christie breaks silence with N.J. media, talks Trump, immigration, Bridgegate
- Chris Christie’s corporate tax breaks: Too lavish?
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez's ties to his HS coach Bob Johnson and Mission Viejo program run deep
- Haskell winner Coil may sit out Travers after trainer Bob Baffert receives report of rough workout
- CALLING ALL HEADBANGERS PUNK-ROCK AEROBICS LETS YOU BREAK A SWEAT BY CHANNELING YOUR INNER RAMONE
- Jerry Sandusky, ex-coach at Penn State, breaks his silence
- Sandusky Bob Costas interview: Penn State coach denies abuse allegations, admits to showering with boys
- NY Giants Playbook: Breaking down Big Blue's home opener Monday night against the St. Louis Rams
- Coil, trained by Bob Baffert, wins Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park ridden by Martin Garcia
Breaking Bob: With have 339 words, post on www.vulture.com at January 27, 2015. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.