The number of foreign non-governmental organisations (NGOs) active in Vietnam is on the rise with an aid value of over 300 million USD this year, reported the Committee on NGOs during a conference in Hanoi on December 30.
During 2014, the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO) welcomed 1,860 guests from 760 NGO delegations coming to launch development projects.
A series of conferences and workshops were held to appeal for aid in and outside the country as well as connect sponsors and NGOs with Vietnamese partners.
The committee released a code of administrative procedures in five languages in support of NGOs while enhancing personnel training at both central and local levels.
Besides NGOs, it also raised funding in embassies, United Nations bodies, development cooperation agencies and business community.
VUFO Vice President and General Secretary Don Tuan Phong, who is also deputy head of the committee, said NGOs are shifting their development assistance to the fields of environment, climate change, capability building and policy lobby.
Next year, the committee will further provide NGOs with administrative, technical and legal assistance while enhancing ties with development partners and promoting personnel training in ministries, agencies and localities.
Concluding the event, Deputy Foreign Minister and head of the committee Ho Xuan Son urged involved agencies to work harder to make NGOs a channel that supports Vietnam in every domain, especially those related to the national development.-VNA
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 2
- Thai Vietjet offers promotional tickets for flights after pandemic
- Three decades of investment attraction victories in Vietnam
- Vietnam to get part of FIFA's aid to member associations
- Get Three Free PS4 Games Before It's Too Late, No PS Plus Required
- Get Three Free PS4 Games--No PS Plus Required
- March 22: VN records largest increase in new coronavirus infections
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 3
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 5
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 1
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 4
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 27
- Wood industry needs fundamental change in export product lines, markets, say experts
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talks with Japanese counterpart
- Prudential Corporation Asia Appoints Robin Spencer as CEO for Thailand
- Corona fight brigade: Virushka's undisclosed donation; designer Sabyasachi gives Rs 1.5 cr, Raina contributes Rs 52 lakh
- Mike Pompeo Praises India for Lifting Export Restrictions on Critical Medical Supplies
- Apps don face masks to promote healthy practices amid Covid-19
- House Republicans wary as Senate crafts deal to raise debt limit – live blog
- 'Haven't seen a dime': five small businesses on the struggle to survive a pandemic
NGOs offer 300mln USD-plus aid to Vietnam in 2014 have 396 words, post on at December 30, 2014. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.