Global health authorities are struggling to contain the world’s worst Ebola epidemic since the disease was identified in 1976. The virus has killed at least 5,160 people.
Here is a timeline of the outbreak:
March 22: Guinea confirms a hemorrhagic fever that killed more than 50 people is Ebola.
March 30: Liberia reports two cases; Ebola suspected in Sierra Leone.
April 1: Medical charity Medicins Sans Frontieres (MSF) warns Ebola’s spread is “unprecedented.” A World Health Organization (WHO) spokesman calls it “relatively small still.”
- Sydney sees fewer coronavirus cases amid record testing
- Ebola Is a Virus That Punishes False Confidence
- Global Funding must be in the next COVID-19 emergency supplemental
- Department of Homeland Security warns the US is 'likely' to see shortages of pharmaceutical drugs if the coronavirus outbreak forces another round of widespread shutdowns
- MCG prefered as backup venue by CA for third Test
- India vs Australia | Cricket Australia committed to Sydney Test, Melbourne preferred back-up option
- UK records 12,872 new Covid cases - just 9% more than last Sunday's adjusted total - and 65 deaths, but top scientist warns UK is facing 'precarious situation'
- Coronavirus has now infected 10MILLION people worldwide with a quarter of those in the US, official figures show as global death toll nears 500,000
- Italy overtakes UK as worst country for Covid in Europe as its death toll passes 64,000 and critics slam government's 'amateurish' response to second wave
- Why ARE Kent and East Sussex's Covid outbreaks spiking? Scientists blame lax Tier One rules before lockdown while councillors bash 'wilful disregard' of social distancing
- Burton's Biscuits factory is hit by coronavirus outbreak as four biscuit workers test positive
- Fauci warns Americans the 'worst is yet to come' with a post-Christmas COVID surge and denies claims he 'moved the goalposts on herd immunity' because they were 'guestimates'
- Alarming COVID hotspot map shows majority of US counties are now in serious trouble - as nation records its second deadliest day with 3,400 deaths and Biden says the 'darkest days' are still ahead
- The super-infectious virus variant means 'Operation Moonshot' rapid tests are now the key to flying abroad, reopening schools and breaking Dover deadlock - but experts warn they barely work
- Britain's Covid outbreak continues to worsen with another 33,364 cases as officials record 215 more deaths
- Sydney records 15 new locally-acquired coronavirus cases - all linked to the Northern Beaches cluster - as hope grows the city's new outbreak has been contained
- New coronavirus variant has triggered 'explosive' outbreaks in schools in London and the South East, says 'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson as he warns the strain has likely spread all over Europe already
- Rapid Covid tests used in Operation Moonshot will CAUSE outbreaks in schools because they are so inaccurate, claims scientist behind trial that found they pick up just 3% of asymptomatic cases
- New South Wales records just EIGHT locally-acquired cases overnight - but Christmas still hangs in the balance for millions as Gladys Berejiklian refuses to rule out new lockdown
- Now Sweden and Spain record their first cases of new super-infectious mutant coronavirus strain found in Kent
Worst Ebola outbreak on record tests global response have 485 words, post on at November 15, 2014. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.