Founded in 1971, Southwest Airlines’ first logo was a friendly heart emblazoned in a set of pilot wings, representing the airline’s home airport of Dallas Love Field. But in 1998, Southwest replaced the heart with something starker and decidedly more corporate: an all-caps Helvetica wordmark, sometimes accompanied by a flying Southwest jet.
But the love is coming back. Southwest has just unveiled a new corporate identity that reimagines the vintage heart logo as a more colorful, modern design, along with a new custom sans-serif typeface, a new website, a fresh paint job for its fleet, and more.
Here’s how the Wall Street Journal describes the new logo:
The new logo is a simpler heart colored by blue, red and orange stripes. It appears at the end of the airline’s name, which is seen on the aircraft fuselages in bright letters of a white-like color called ‘Summit Silver.’
What do you think: Love it? Hate it?
- Aditya Chopra Unveils New Logo Of ‘Yash Raj Films’ Commemorating Its 50th Year
- VW unveils new logo, affordable e-cars in show of new era
- IPL 2022: Gujarat Titans unveil team logo, check the logo reveal HERE
- Sciative unveils new brand identity
- Southwest Airlines' Recovery Begins in Earnest
- IPL 2022: Gujarat Titans unveil team logo in Metaverse
- National Gallery Singapore's new logo gets creative makeover online, turned into meme
- Indian Premier League: Gujarat Titans Unveil Team Logo In Metaverse | Cricket News
- Beats unveils new Powerbeats Pro to celebrate the NBA's 75th anniversary
- ‘Bombs falling on innocents’ EU vows to hold Putin to account as VDL unveils new sanctions
- Debunking The Alaska Airlines Flight Pass Subscription Plan
- Spirit and Frontier Are Merging to Create a Super Crappy Airline
- Frontier & Spirit Airlines Announce Merger In ‘A Move To Take On Those Big Four’
- Southwest passenger sues airline for $10 million, claiming she was removed from a flight for taking her mask off to drink water
- Will The Merger Between Frontier And Spirit Airlines Fly?
- This Week In Credit Card News: New Way To Earn A Southwest Companion Pass; Amazon, Visa Reach Agreement
- Finding Pet-Friendly Airlines, And Tips When Flying With Furry Pals
- The United States’ Most Pet-Friendly Cities And Airlines Take The Guesswork Out Of Traveling With Your Pet
- Spirit and Frontier Airlines plan to merge
- Frontier Airlines to buy Spirit in $2.9 billion merger
Southwest Airlines Unveils A New Logo have 371 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at September 9, 2014. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.