“Iron Man” fans may be weeping today as star Robert Downey Jr. has confirmed there won’t be another installment.
“There isn’t one in the pipe. No, there’s no plan for a fourth ‘Iron Man,'” the 49-year-old actor told Variety while attending the Toronto Film Festival on Sunday, where he’s promoting his new film “The Judge.”
Up until now, Downey has remained tight-lipped on the future of “Iron Man,” although he did seem to hint that there was a possibility for a Part 4.
“To tell the truth, I’ve just been responding to the speculations in an honest way, which is: the future is uncertain,” he told the Daily News in a previous interview. “How do you let go of doing this guy?”
Downey, who was named Forbes’ highest-paid actor for the second year in July, will keep Tony Stark alive through his Marvel Studios contract extension, which includes the next two “Avengers” films.
It remains a mystery why a fourth installment won’t happen, but it’s a lucky guess that either Downey’s price tag is too expensive or writer-director Joss Whedon won’t do another film without the Academy Award-nominated actor.
“I like that the idea is that it would be up to me, like I’m casting director for Marvel,” Downey told Variety when asked if he would “let” somebody else play Stark.
“Don’t give it to anybody else,” his “Judge” co-star Robert Duvall said.
Whedon continued his collaborations with Downey in “The Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which wrapped filming in the U.K. and is set to hit theaters May 1, 2015.
- Say Something Nice: IRON MAN 2
- Robert Downey Jr. Confirms He Knew About Endgame Since Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Spider-Man’s Costume Is Getting Big Changes For The ‘Homecoming’ Sequel
- Summer sneak preview: Star vehicles and sequels lead a promising lineup
- Summer Heat: FJI previews what’s in store for warm-weather moviegoing
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- Summer cinema: 'FJI' previews the season's movie offerings, from blockbusters to indies
- Season's screenings: Holiday films attract a festive guest list
- Top twenty most-anticipated films of 2010, courtesy of Metacritic
- 10 Best (And 10 Worst) DC Movies Ever Made, Ranked According To Rotten Tomatoes
- No Resurrections (This Time): INFINITY WAR & The Return Of Blockbuster Mysticism
- What's Next for Marvel After 'Avengers 4'?
- The Avengers Arrive In China In Official ‘Endgame’ Promo Art
- Where does 'Avengers: Endgame' rank among all 22 Marvel Cinematic Universe films?
Robert Downey Jr. on another 'Iron Man' sequel: 'There's no plan for a fourth' have 405 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 8, 2014. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.