There’s still quite a bit of time until The Amazing Spider-Man 3 swings into theaters, and while there’s bound to be a lot of speculation, rumors, and updates between now and when franchise star Andrew Garfield dons the webslinger’s costume next (even though it might end up being in one of the upcoming spinoff films). That leaves ample time for looking back on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, though, and pondering what went wrong for the 2014 film — which currently ranks as the worst-reviewed film of all the Spider-Man movies with the lowest box-office earnings.In an interview with The Daily Beast, Garfield acknowledged that he’s read a lot of the criticism directed at the movie.“I read a lot of the reactions from people and I had to stop because I could feel I was getting away from how I actually felt about it,” he said. “For me, I read the script that Alex [Kurtzman] and Bob [Orci] wrote, and I genuinely loved it. There was this thread running through it.”And it was that thread, reasoned Garfield, that was broken when various cuts were made by the studio.“I think what happened was, through the pre-production, production, and post-production, when you have something that works… Read full this story
- Emma Stone reveals feelings for her ex Andrew Garfield, says he's 'someone I still love very much'
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' slings $117 million debut and Sony rejoices
- Andrew Garfield reaffirms love for ex Emma Stone in actors table interview
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ co-stars Zendaya, Tom Holland reportedly dating
- Rare comic book featuring Spider-Man’s debut could fetch $400G at auction
- Box Office: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Slings to Massive $117 Million Domestic Opening
- 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer marks debut of Tom Holland's Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton in final talks to play villain in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming,' Cate Blanchett confirmed as villain in ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
- Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronic goods
- ‘Amazing Grace’: How Aretha Franklin Took Us All to Church
Andrew Garfield says studio-mandated edits hurt The Amazing Spider-Man 2 have 322 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at September 11, 2014. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.