Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the compact, dimple-faced actor equipped with an unbridled—and infectious—enthusiasm, has proven tough to pigeonhole. In his early years, you knew him as Tommy Solomon, the wisecracking know-it-all in the sitcom 3rd Rock from the Sun or perhaps the lovesick nerd who’s schooled in the ways of wooing by Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You. Then, he wiped the slate clean, quitting acting in favor of Columbia University, where he studied literature and French poetry—only to drop out, and reinvent himself once more as a daring indie character actor, with gripping turns as a child sexual abuse victim-turned-gay hustler in Mysterious Skin and a student-detective in the neo-noir Brick. The charming 33-year-old is at home in virtually any genre, be it a rom com, like (500) Days of Summer, sci-fi, like Looper, or superhero blockbuster (The Dark Knight Rises). And just last year, he wrote, directed, and starred in the critically acclaimed flick Don Jon, about a porn addict trying to turn over Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, he plays Johnny—a cocky gambler who finds himself in dire straits when he crosses the evil Senator Roark, played by Powers Boothe. The 3D sequel, directed… Read full this story
- Why Sequels Succeed Or Fail, As Explained By “22 Jump Street” and “Sin City 2”
- Child marriages spike in Philippines violence-marred Marawi city
- Down but not out: On the fallen fortunes of Kevin Smith and Robert Rodriguez
- Las mejores series en Amazon Prime Video disponibles
- The best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- Movies to look for (maybe) in 2016
- The best Amazon Original series available now (November 2019)
- Playable beta for ‘Beyond Good & Evil 2’ won’t be ready for quite some time
- Statue wars: what should we do with troublesome monuments?
- From shopping to naked selfies: how 'empowerment' lost its meaning
Joseph Gordon-Levitt on ‘Sin City’ and Why He Considers Himself a Male Feminist have 300 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at August 14, 2014. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.