With the launch of the new movie just days away, chiptune artist Mega Ran revisits the catchy anthem from the very first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film, highlighting what a horrible piece of music it really was. Partners in Kryme’s “T.U.R.T.L.E. Power” was much cooler when I was 17. Back then the only lyric that really got to me was “Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello make up the team with one other fellow — Raphael — he’s the leader of the group…” No, James Alpern and Richard Usher of Partners in Kryme, he is not. I succinctly remember pointing out this glaring mistake as I listened to the soundtrack on the cassette player in my ’81 Chevrolet Citation. I would look around incredulously at the other cars, as if to say “Am I right, random strangers who don’t care?” Then I’d nod. Of course they knew I was right. This was an important thing. Mega Ran’s excellent interpretation of the song gives a slightly more mature me a chance to further dissect the work. The crime wave is high with muggings mysterious / All police and detectives are furious. / ‘Cause they can’t find the source / Of this lethally evil… Read full this story
- Malayalam rapper Vedan’s songs of the hunted
- Govt proposes to link power infra upgradation funds with reforms
- Indian ‘Rapper Duel Rocker’ Questions Government Through Rap Song in Viral Video
- The (Fake) Songs of Summer
- Kelly Clarkson covers It's Quiet Uptown from Hamilton before the Broadway sensation arrives on Disney Plus
- Who Is Killer Mike? Rapper Gives a Powerful Speech to Atlanta Protesters
- Lizzo on the power of words
- Billboard Cover: 'Hamilton' Creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, Questlove and Black Thought on the Runaway Broadway Hit, Its Political Relevance and Super-Fan Barack Obama
- Harry Styles covers up in a protective face mask, sunglasses and hoodie as he goes shopping in north London
- 'Rape is about male power which society confers'
Chiptune Rapper Covers "T.U.R.T.L.E. Power", A Song With Many Problems have 317 words, post on kotaku.com at August 5, 2014. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.