The heat was on early this morning! Here at the Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Challenge taking place in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, the chefs came out in force to show off their culinary skills. Comedian Mark Curry, off a splendid performance last night, was up early to host the Celebrity Master chef Challenge.
The attendees who participated in the challenge were split into 5 groups of 4 people and they were given a tasty task of making some guacamole, salsa and a morning spritzer. As Curry gave instructions to the chefs, myself and fellow judges, Jessica White and Renau, waited anxiously for the finished creations to be presented!
The contestants were to be judged on creativity, presentation and of course, taste. Given a point system of 1-5, 5 being the highest, we were presented with each team’s creation. The teams, Ironing Board Chefs, Hot Tamales, The Max Chefs, The Grill Masters and Cooking with The Curries, and one last entry, stand Alone, were given 45 minutes to create their masterpieces.
The audience was happy with Curry’s interaction with them and the contestants as his commentary kept everyone smiling while the chefs did their thing. After some great tasting by the judges, the obvious choice, based on the reactions of all 3 judges, was Cooking With the Curries! We came to the same conclusion based on the best tasting guacamole made this morning.
All contestants were happy to get a chance to do something they enjoy and getting to meet and network with others as well, so, there was nothing but smiles by the time the last participant exited the makeshift Kitchen!
- 9 'Black Panther' moments I can't stop thinking about
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló wedding: Tennis ace puts on a tender display with his childhood sweetheart as they tie the knot in front of 350 guests at fortress in Majorca
- 'Say it to my face': Tennis firebrand Nick Kyrgios' fires back at a rising star who called him an 'idiot' with a BRUTAL tweet challenging his rival to confront him in person
- Recipe: Hand-rolled chocolates with a tea-twist to celebrate World Chocolate Day
- Golf: Fit Tiger Woods hints he'll pick himself for Presidents Cup
- Black actors frustrated with lack of Hollywood stylists who can do their hair
- National Pasta Day 2019: Where To Celebrate Around Miami
- Brosé, frosé, all day: The definitive history of rosé’s rise to cultural dominance
- A Breakout Branding Master Class from Glossier, Sweetgreen, Away, And Walker & Co.
- Sloane Crosley on rubber animals and seeing through celebrity crushes
- Black Markets and Secret Thumb Drives: How Cubans Get Online
- Do you rink he’ll master it? Michael Barrymore, 67, looks VERY unsteady as he begins Dancing On Ice rehearsals with other show stars
- Wednesday is National Cheeseburger Day!
- Ready fur us? Sir David Attenborough writes about singing rhinos, cute monkeys and more ahead of his new BBC series celebrating the seven continents' most astonishing wildlife
- Victoria Betsill and Thomas Reiter: Black Catholics’ faith inspires in challenging times
- Actresses cite lack of Hollywood stylists who get black hair
- England's Rugby World Cup masterpiece rips the All Blacks apart
- 10 key ridings in the 905 to watch on election day
- 2020 Sunday Trail Markers: Trump, Dem challengers to attend same forum
- Jessica Biel gazes sweetly at husband Justin Timberlake as she supports him at the star-studded Alfred Dunhill Championships in Scotland
Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Challenge, Day 3: Celebrity Master Chef Challenge have 539 words, post on www.blackenterprise.com at August 31, 2014. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.