Robert Downey Jr, the star of Disney’s Marvel superhero film franchises “Iron Man,” and “The Avengers,” is Hollywood’s highest paid actor for the second consecutive year, with estimated earnings of $75 million, according to Forbes.com.
The 49-year-old star made most of his money from June 2013 to June 2014 from “Iron Man 3,” which made $1.2 billion at the box office and assured him the top spot again in the annual ranking.
“As Iron Man, he’s the driving force behind four of Marvel’s biggest hits, including ‘The Avengers,'” Forbes.com said.
Former wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 42, who starred in “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” and the “Fast and Furious,” films, jumped into second place this year from fifth in 2013 with earnings of $52 million, followed by “Hangover,” star Bradley Cooper, 39, with $46 million.
“His work in the lucrative ‘Hangover,’ franchise has given him the ability to take risks with smaller films like ‘Silver Linings Playbook,’ and ‘American Hustle,'” Forbes said about Cooper.
“The Wolf of Wall Street,” star Leonardo DiCaprio, 39, had a lucrative year with two hit films and came in fourth at $39 million in earnings, while Australian “Thor” actor Chris Hemsworth, rounded out the top five with $37 million.
DiCaprio was a driving force behind “The Wolf of Wall Street,” which made $395 million worldwide and he also starred in “The Great Gatsby,” which took in $351 million globally.
Mark Wahlberg, 43, who was in fourth place last year thanks to the comedy hit “Ted,” just made the top 10 this year along with actor Will Smith, 45. Each actor earned an estimated $32 million.
Forbes.com compiled the rankings and estimated earnings by talking to managers, producers and agents.
ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.
- Robert Downey Jr, 55, reveals he is 'done' with playing Tony Stark in nearly a dozen films for Marvel: 'I hung up my guns and I'm good to let it go'
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Team Downey production company with wife Susan teams with Apple for new drama series
- Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr And Others Defend Chris Pratt Against Bizarre Online Hate
- Sofia Vergara is Forbes’ highest-paid actress of 2020, with Rs 315 crore earnings; no Indian on the list
- Lionel Messi tops Forbes' 2020 football rich list ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Gal Gadot was paid peanuts for the first Wonder Woman movie, will get 33 times larger paycheque for sequel
- ‘Dolittle’ Tops $5M In China Bow As Market Sees Daily Increases; IMAX WW Takings Jump 30%, Boosted By Middle Kingdom & Korean ‘Peninsula’ – International Box Office
- Chadwick Boseman's agent reveals why Black Panther actor kept his cancer a secret
- Heat's Rich List 2020: Jodie Comer is named for the first time after earning £4.9m while Ed Sheeran RETAINS his crown as the richest British star under 30 with a whopping £210m fortune
- 10 Houston billionaires make the Forbes' 2020 list of wealthiest Americans
- From a sex tape to the top of rich lists: How the Kardashians turned a reality show into a money-spinning billion dollar family empire that spans social media, lip kits and shape wear
- The Kardashians 'are looking to land lucrative streaming deal' after announcing end of E! TV show after 14 years
- Ghislaine Maxwell docs may not be released for years after judge lets dozens of her ‘abuser’ pals to appeal one by one
- FIFA 21 Player Ratings: Top 100 Players Revealed
- NFL: Odell Beckham Jr and Aaron Rodgers among league's biggest superstars
- Abreu hits 3 HRs, 5 in 2 days; Chisox top Cubs, 7th W in row
- LSU releases annual list of top Tiger businesses, including Roaring 10 with highest revenue
- MORE towns go into lockdown - so is London next? Capital is put on watch list as Wigan, Stockport, and Blackpool are banned from mixing from MIDNIGHT and experts warn R rate could now be as high as 1.5 with 6,874 new cases and 34 deaths
- King, Original 9 mark 50 years of women’s pro tennis tour
- EXCLUSIVE: Don't look, dad! Katie Holmes, 41, puts on another VERY steamy show with toyboy lover Emilio Vitolo Jr., 33, while his restaurant boss father awkwardly averts his eyes
Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes' highest-paid actor list for second year have 648 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 22, 2014. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.