It’s shocking, at first. Not because the makeup-less face of RuPaul isn’t beautiful, his lightly freckled skin still impeccable. In a way, it’s better, frankly – more inviting, with its open sincerity, than the friendly-diva persona that’s made him the world’s most famous drag queen for decades now. But it’s nevertheless an adjustment. His glinting bald head seems, without the piles of synthetic blond locks, small. “If I never go drag again after today,” he says, “I don’t care. It’s not that important to me. It never was.” He is wearing a burgundy-on-cream seersucker suit, with three undone buttons exposing a smooth chest. This is how he almost always dresses these days. “I looooove wearing suits,” he says. And that isn’t close to the biggest change RuPaul’s got going right now. If we’d met during his first rise to fame, he would have been drinking. He would have been smoking. There’s a one in seven chance he’d have dropped acid that day, and certainly pot would have been involved, as the musician/spokesmodel/author/drag star was a daily wake-and-baker from the ages of 10 to 39. And then there would be the thing where the six-foot-four gay stoned black man was in… Read full this story
- Napoleon Was Right! We Are Either Kings Or Pawns
- Royal Secrets, the Essex Ring and a Queen of England Exposed
- The Termite Queen - Not Another Sci-Fi Flick!
- What Makes a Queen Mattress Popular?
- The Queen Pharaoh of Egypt, Queen Hatshepsut
- Queen Pillow Top - A Perfect Choice If Space is a Factor
- What is a King Cake and What Started This Tradition?
- Snorkel and Surf Where the Kings of Hawaii Lived and Played - Kahalu'u Beach, Big Island, Hawaii
- Queens Bankruptcy Lawyer
- The Heretic Queen - A Review of Historical As Well As Romantic Fiction
RuPaul: The King of Queens have 307 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at October 4, 2013. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.