Saturday marks TechHive’s first anniversary, and it has been quite the year to say the least. From game-changing new products to cringeworthy press events to the resurgence of companies back from the brink of irrelevance, the past 365 days have taken the industry on a roller-coaster ride, and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed every twist, turn, and stomach-dropping plunge.As we buckle up for another year, each TechHive staffer reflects on the most memorable products, events, and trends of the year gone by.When TechHive was a mere five days old, Apple released iOS 6 to the masses, and with it came the panic-inducing Apple Maps. The platform’s marquee feature, the one with the most hype, was such a colossal failure at launch that I still can’t believe it was supposed to replace Google Maps.It sucked at the key thing it was designed to do: give people correct directions. It got someone lost in the Australian Outback. And it even said that the TechHive office building was smack dab in the middle of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. It was so bad that Apple CEO Tim Cook put his tail between his legs and issued an apology, which to me signaled the turning of… Read full this story
- Prince Andrew denies sex with 17-year-old: 'I went to Pizza Express that day'
- Inside the lavish five-day safari wedding of 46-year-old multi-millionaire equity boss to model, 23, at the Serengeti Four Seasons
- Student shares tear-jerking video of her 18-year-old dog's final day enjoying treats, cuddles and tours of the neighborhood before he is put to sleep
- 'Fat genes' thought to drive obesity in adulthood may kick in when a child is just FOUR years old, research suggests
- Neighbor says missing 5-year-old girl Taylor Williams was 'often wandering around her mother's apartment complex before she disappeared' - as officials work to identify remains found in Alabama
- Horrified Kerry Katona branded a ‘cokehead’ by her 12-year-old daughter’s classmate
- Flashback 1990: When the world witnessed 17-year-old Sachin Tendulkar's first Test ton
- Google celebrates Children's Day with a 'Walking Tree' doodle by seven-year-old
- Countess Bathurst and her stepson the Earl fought a toxic war over their glorious estate for years... now friends reveals the story behind how the Dowager twisted the knife one final time
- EXCLUSIVE: Larry King's wife Shawn, 59, weeps as she admits she was 'blindsided' when she learned about divorce in a phone call, reveals the 85-year-old's alarming leukemia diagnosis and shows telltale headboard to prove they didn't sleep in separate beds
TechHive is 1 year old! Behold our favorite tech stories of the past 365 days have 409 words, post on www.greenbot.com at September 12, 2013. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.