It’s 2 a.m. and Dennis Crowley is wired. We’ve just left Foursquare’s South by Southwest party at the Hype Hotel, a warehouse-size space in downtown Austin where nearly 1,000 revelers were drowning in deafening club music and Tito’s Handmade Vodka. Crowley, 36 at the time in March, played host, quadruple-fisting Miller Lites and hanging out with his startup’s leadership team, including design director Ian Spalter, then also 36, who wore earplugs and a hoodie tied around his waist. “I’m getting too old for this!” Spalter yelled over the bedlam. Outside on the sidewalk, streams of partygoers hail pedicabs and stumble home as the night comes to an end. Crowley isn’t ready to call it quits just yet. He’s leaning against a nondescript door, flanked by a small crowd of twentysomethings. Turning his head like a secret agent checking his six, Crowley flashes his trademark puckish grin. “You’re coming to the after-party, right?” he whispers. “Just play it cool.” The door suddenly pops open, and Crowley exchanges a few hushed words through the crack. Then the group races inside and up six flights of stairs as if a pot of gold awaited them at the top. (In reality: more bottles of… Read full this story
- Dennis Crowley Checks Out of Foursquare CEO Role
- Where Are You? Twitter, Foursquare Team for Location Tagging
- Foursquare moves toward ditching check-ins
- Foursquare Redesign Expected This Week
- Foursquare Finally Rolls Out App Redesign
- Foursquare Co-Founder Says Facebook Places is 'Boring'
- Google, Foursquare Testing NFC Check-Ins at Google I/O
- Foursquare Hits One Million Daily Check-ins... and $20M of Funding
- Foursquare Adds User-Generated Ratings
- Nokia CEO takes aim at Android
Will Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley Finally Get It Right? have 270 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at August 6, 2013. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.