Forbes cites the highly profitable “The Avengers”—and Downey’s rumored paycheck of around $50 million—as the main reason for Downey’s recent wealth accumulation. The magazine estimates he earned a whopping $75 million in earnings between June 2012 and June 2013.
Hot on Downey’s heels is “White House Down” star Channing Tatum, who made an estimated $60 million in the same period, thanks in part to co-financing “Magic Mike” with director Steven Soderbergh.
At third is Hugh Jackman, hot off a turn in “Les Miserables” and his work as Wolverine in the “X-Men” films, who earned around $55 million.
Mark Wahlberg, with his lead in the unexpected high-earner “Ted” earned approximately $52 million and landed in fourth place, while Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson nabbed $46 million with a series of action films, including the latest installment in the “Fast & Furious” movies
Rounding out the top ten were Leonardo DiCaprio, with $39 million, and Adam Sandler, who earned $37 million despite box office bombs like “That’s My Boy” and “Jack and Jill.”
Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington and Liam Neeson landed in the final three spots of Forbes’ top ten. Cruise slipped to seventh place this year, though last year he was in the top spot, commanding $75 million.
- Robert Downey Jr dons a top hat and tails as he is spotted in character as Doctor Dolittle for the first time on set of new film in Buckinghamshire
- Johnny Depp follows back Robert Downey Jr, ignores major Hollywood stars on Instagram
- Meet The Highest Paid TV Actors Of 2012
- Celebrity Big Brother pay scale 2018: CBB's highest paid housemates of all time revealed - including the lucky star who bagged a cool $1million
- Robert Hunt tops UL's draft prospects list in what could be historic draft for Cajuns
- 'Avengers Assemble': Fellow Marvel Actors Defend Chris Pratt After Fans Say He's Trump's Secret Fan
- Paul Rudd hilariously throws shade at Chris Hemsworth and reveals the one actor he would really like to work with
- Avengers: Infinity War grabs $61.8m to top box office for third weekend, beating out Mother's Day movies
- Positives in the 49ers’ 4-6 start? Here are the top five
- Here are the top five NBA free agents still available
- Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators who have 'privately' expressed their 'extreme contempt' for Donald Trump
- Britain's private school elite: One in seven of those who hold the most powerful positions in society went to top ten independent schools - with Boris Johnson, David Cameron, Emily Maitlis and Susanna Reid's alma maters leading the way
- Donald Trump tears into the New York Times for 'made-up, phony' story that he paid no income tax for 11 years, just $750 in 2016 and 2017 and reported huge losses across his business empire
- Fiona Bruce 'tipped to make BBC’s top 10 richest presenter list'
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson is irreplaceable, but Kelly Oubre Jr. is a solid Plan B
- Jesse Metcalfe out in LA after listing four-bedroom Sunset Strip home he shared with ex-fiancee Cara Santana for $3.6 million
- Millions of people could get less effective coronavirus vaccine because high risk groups must get a jab as soon as possible – even if a better one is round the corner, health chief admits
- US CEOs break pay record as top 10 earners take home at least $100m each
- Inside Nexus Venture Partners: How a top VC firm got its mojo back
- Bob Dylan songs that changed the course of history (an incomplete list)
Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' Highest Paid Actors list with $75 million have 573 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 16, 2013. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.