Robert Downey Jr. has signed up for two more “Avengers” films.
Marvel announced Thursday that the actor will reprise his role as Iron Man/Tony Stark for “The Avengers 2” and “The Avengers 3.” Downey Jr. has played the character in a trilogy of “Iron Man” movies, as well as the first superhero ensemble “Avengers” film, which made $2.7 billion worldwide.
Joss Whedon is to return as director of the next “Avengers” film. He is writing the screenplay now. Production is to begin in March, with a theatrical release in May 2015.
The 48-year-old actor had previously suggested “Iron Man 3” might be his last spin in a stand-alone “Iron Man” film. Marvel’s announcement made no mention of an “Iron Man 4” release.
- Iron Man Star Robert Downey Jr. Shares A Halloween Message
- Avengers: Endgame Directors Say Robert Downey Jr. Deserves an Oscar
- Robert Downey Jr. Reportedly in Black Widow
- Avengers Star Robert Downey Jr. Says He And Chris Evans Had To Get Off The MCU Bus
- Russo Brothers Reveal How Robert Downey Jr. Came Full Circle from Iron Man on Avengers: Endgame
- Robert Downey Jr. Shares Video From His Final Day on Avengers: Endgame Set
- Avengers: Endgame Comparison Shows How Much Iron Man's Universe Has Grown
- Avengers: Infinity War trailer, cast and meme social media reaction
- Why Marvel’s Kevin Feige is the perfect steward for Star Wars’ future
- The Marvel movies are declaring a
- Sony pulls Spider-Man out of the MCU over profit-sharing dispute with Disney
- MTV Movie Awards: Avengers and Game of Thrones win big
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Martin Scorsese explains comments that Marvel films ‘aren’t cinema’
- Scarlett Johansson said she 'had to provide all the oestrogen on set of Avengers: Infinity War'... but jokes that co-star 'Mark Ruffalo did too!'
- Salman, Akshay join George Clooney among world's top 10 highest-paid actors
- Avengers: Endgame Fan Makes Epic Edit Using Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer
- An Indian superhero in Marvel Universe!
- Marvel’s grand
- Avengers Age Of Ultron Preview For Bollywood Celebrities (Pics)
Robert Downey Jr. to star as ‘Iron Man’ in two more ‘Avengers’ films have 325 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 20, 2013. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.