As the New Year approaches, predictions are being made across the tech world about the trends expected to hit the Web and the rest of connected computing in the coming year. Here are nine of the most game-changing growth areas that will continue to see advancement in 2013 and beyond. Get ready, the Internet is about to change.1. Bio-integrated medical devices and personal electronic tattoosA recent report released by the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA), PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Thomson Reuters, found that VC funding in biotech increased 64 percent in dollars to $1.2 billion in the third quarter of 2012 as compared to the previous quarter. As funding increases, so too have revolutionary advancements in the area that blends the bio-medical and technology fields. This trend will only continue with recent advancements in bio-integrated medical devices.Bio-medical technologies that can either be stuck onto the skin similar to temporary tattoos or embedded into the body are emerging that are able to not only detect and monitor muscle, heart, and brain activity but also prevent medical conditions from seizures to heart arrhythmias by delivering electrical impulses.“We’re trying to bridge that the gap from a silicon wafer type of electronic to a biological tissue-like… Read full this story
- Mull students take a stance on climate change
- 'I'm going nowhere': The reluctant cannabis activist
- 'I think the Government would love me to go away'
- The animals that will survive climate change
- ‘I would say I’m a ten, but not in a cocky way’
- Workers across the UK encouraged to go home on time today
- Three-way battle for ownership of the Boro's home
- EU countries urged to see ‘opportunity in climate change’
- Campaigners petition Parliament for climate change action
- Switzerland pledges to go climate neutral by 2050
9 ways the Web and connected computing are going to change in 2013 have 284 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 25, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.