Photo by Gray Quetti Derrick Henry breaks the all-time national rushing record Friday night on this 52-yard touchdown run against Taylor County in the second quarter. YULEE, Fla. — Overload right, 24 blast. That was the play call for Derrick Henry to secure a first down for Yulee (Fla.) High School early in the second quarter Friday night. Turned out, it was the call and the play that secured history. Photo by Gray Quetti Derrick Henry acknowledges the homecrowd after breaking the record. For 59 years, hundreds of thousands of prep running backs from every corner of the country have tried to run down Sugarland, Texas legend Ken Hall and finally after the 1,257th carry of his high school career, the 6-foot-3, 240-pound senior manchild they call “Shocka” passed him. In vintage Henry form, the Alabama recruit broke past two perfectly-positioned would be tacklers, stiff-armed another and sprinted the final 40 yards untouched completing a 52-yard touchdown run with 11 minutes, 16 seconds left in the second quarter that broke the national career rushing yardage record during a 41-26 Florida 4A first-round playoff win Friday night. At 7:46 p.m., on a cool and breezy 50-degree night on the Northern tip… Read full this story
- USA High School Track & Field Records And The Current Best 2008 Performances
- Baseball - Craig Biggio Punches His Ticket to the Hall of Fame With His 3,000th Hit - Part 3
- Baseball - Barry Bonds Is a Whole Lot More Than Just a Home Run Hitter and Record Setter - Part 2
- Barry Bonds And Major League Baseball's Home Run Record
- Doc's 2005 WAC Preview -- Conference Will Get National Attention In 2005 With Two Strong Programs
- Henry Potty and the Pet Rock: An Unauthorized Harry Potter Parody for all Ages
- Rebels Give Gator Nation a Scare
- Breaking News You Missed
- Drexel University - Bias in the Halls of Academe?
- Breaking Away From Your Cable Or Satellite Provider For Something A Lot Less Expensive
Derrick Henry breaks Ken Hall's national rushing record have 312 words, post on www.maxpreps.com at November 16, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.