Danica Patrick was named NASCAR’s Nationwide Series most popular driver for the first time after finishing 10th in points during her inaugural full-time season on the circuit.
Nelson Piquet Jr. also was named most popular driver of the Camping World Truck Series for the first time in nearly 120,000 combined votes cast on NASCAR.com for the lower-tier national series.
The awards were announced during the series’ annual postseason awards ceremonies at the Loews Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla.
Patrick earned four top 10s in 33 starts for JR Motorsports in what might be her lone full-time Nationwide campaign. She is moving into the Sprint Cup Series next season with Stewart-Haas Racing.
The Sprint Cup most popular driver award will be announced Nov. 29 in Las Vegas. Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won the award nine consecutive times.
- Sir Patrick Vallance warns new coronavirus cases could start to rise again because R rate is 'potentially quite close to one', as Britain today announced 351 more deaths taking official number of victims to 36,393
- Henrik Stenson wins 2020 'Masters' - along with Rory McIlroy, Patrick Reed ...
- Sebring WEC: #8 Toyota crew takes first win since Le Mans
- The story of F1’s most incredible win from the back
- NASCAR DFS: Best 2020 Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte DraftKings, FanDuel daily Fantasy picks, driver pool
- NASCAR DFS: 2020 North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte daily Fantasy picks, DraftKings driver pool
- Hamlin earns second win of NASCAR season in rain-hit race
- Autorickshaw drivers feel the pinch of one-passenger rule
- Myanmar By-Elections Test Leader's Popularity
- Colorado Avalanche’s odds to win the Stanley Cup with the new 24-team playoff format
- 'Who is ACTUALLY in charge?' Nobel Prize-winning scientist tears into Boris Johnson's lack of political leadership over coronavirus that has left the UK on the 'back foot' and 'firefighting through successive crises'
- Formula E driver disqualified for getting impostor to race for him
- How Janet Guthrie changed the Indianapolis 500 forever
- Lydia Hearst to Appear on ‘Gossip Girl,’ Where She’s Always Belonged
- Coronavirus live updates: Six more cases tied to Mendocino church outbreak
- Coronavirus live updates: Florida police break up ‘larger than normal’ beach crowds
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump says push for mail-in ballots is a ‘scam’
- Coronavirus live updates: California tells nursing homes to test all residents, staff
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 21-22
- Coronavirus live updates: Santa Cruz County probes clusters tied to family gatherings
Danica Patrick wins Nationwide most popular driver have 380 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 19, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.