When we make a decision to put ourselves first and begin taking care of ourselves, all kinds of great things happen.
Yes, it is about having a fabulous figure that you love and feel good in, but it is also about self esteem, confidence, happiness, joy, and anticipation of what is to come into your life.
made the decision to take care of
herself, she was seeing all kinds of changes that were both positive and
Specifically, she said she had more energy, she felt better,
she had more self esteem, and she had more patience for her work and tolerance
of her customers — they didn’t annoy her as much (which is a good thing!). She said she was ‘more laid back’, her kids
were proud of her, they were all having more fun and doing more family things
together like cooking and eating healthier dinners and they were even helping
her clean up afterward. They all wanted
to spend more time together because they were all enjoying each other’s
(Did you happen to notice the underlying theme of
“more” being better?)
This woman has six — yes, I said six — children: five boys
and one girl. She works fulltime, too, but
she is at the gym every single day working out and seeing her efforts pay
off. She regularly asks me “Kim,
how am I doing?” because she wants to improve every time she comes
call this commitment! And it isn’t
just a commitment to herself, it is also to the life of her kids, family and all
aspects of her life.
When we make a
decision to put ourselves first and begin taking care of ourselves, all kinds
of great things happen. This lady
started out only wanting to get her shape back – you can understand that,
right? Six kids! And what she has found — and is still
finding — is that there is WAY more to
this ‘getting healthy, getting fit’ thing.
Yes, it is about having a fabulous figure that you love and feel good in,
but it is also about self esteem,
confidence, happiness, joy, and anticipation of what is to come into your life.
Where in your life have you not made a commitment? Something
that you have been wanting to do, but just… eh, not gotten there yet? Where are you ‘settling’? Even though you know if you finally made the
commitment to yourself that not only will your life be better but that of those
around you will be better, too – heck, not just better but amazing!
When I teach my in-person group exercise muscle conditioning
classes, I am famous for saying “Ok, today’s challenge is …” and then
I give the participants the option to ‘take it or not’. Would you like to guess how many opt not to take it? If you said “no one”, you are
correct! Everyone has the opportunity to always rise to the occasion and
some even go higher. I tell them to
remember that the challenge is all theirs and they can make it what they want,
but that this is where they will begin
to grow and stretch and get closer to their personal goals. With my private coaching clients, I offer
them similar challenges and no one ever says no – although it is an
option. They know that if they are open
to it, they will see great growth, success and happiness.
My challenge to you is to pick one area in your life that
you have been mulling about changing, shifting, or looking at differently and
take one small inspired action step toward reaching it. Maybe it is a health and fitness goal, a fun
and enjoyment goal, a family goal, a personal goal, a financial goal – whatever
it is the challenge is to pick, act and smile!
You too will be on your way to
growth, success and happiness!
- Vermonters share their thoughts about Valentine's Day
- 3 can't-miss shows: Cure vs. Smiths, Dark Thoughts, Mardi Gras at Mohawk
- Exclusive: ‘Married at First Sight’ Star Luke Reveals What He Thought About Seeing Kate Walk Down The Aisle
- Gayle King Thought She'd be 'Clobbered' During R. Kelly Interview
- Grammar Moses: Some thoughts just between you and me
- Nancy Pelosi's Problems Are Just Beginning
- Rep. Devin Nunes: 'Partisan' Mueller Report Should be Set Ablaze, 'We Can Just Burn it Up'
- Feminist Thought and Activism Conference to promote discussion on modern feminism
- ER visits for suicidal thoughts, attempts doubled among youth in recent years, study finds
- McWilliams: ‘Diversity of thought’ means nothing without actual diversity
- Random thoughts of a free Black mind, v. 331
- February beckons and the fun's just beginning-Southern edition
- 3 thought-provoking things from 'The future of energy: Can we get to zero carbon?' forum in PittsburghYou may also be interested in...
- Baltimore Ravens GM Eric DeCosta says reports of schism with Harbaugh hurt: ‘It just wasn’t true’
- Help for homeless more than just a phone call away
- Roger Goodell just looked at robbed Saints fans and slapped them
- Let him finish? In his own mind, Chris Christie’s just getting started
- Carmel Schools enrollment decline slower than previously thought, new study says
- Trans of Thought: Trans people aren't debates
- Deciding on a snow day 'a very thoughtful process,' school administrators say
You Thought It Was Just You! have 870 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at July 16, 2012. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.