SAN DIEGO — Robert Downey Jr. made a Tony Stark-like entrance Saturday into the San Diego Convention Center’s largest exhibition hall, dancing up through the aisles among more than 6,000 fans.
The “Iron Man” star joined Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige at Comic-Con to show footage from the film, due next summer, and announce the studio’s upcoming superhero film slate. He appeared while wearing the right hand of his “Iron Man” costume with a suit and tie.
The “Iron Man 3” clip showed Stark’s latest incarnation of his super suit, pieces of which fly across his workshop and attach themselves to his body. It showed his cliffside compound crumbling into the sea and his cache of Iron Man suits being blasted to bits.
The footage also offered a look at Sir Ben Kingsley as the villain Mandarin and franchise newcomers Guy Pearce and Rebecca Hall, along with the return of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Pepper Potts, Don Cheadle’s James Rhodes and Jon Favreau’s Happy Hogan.
Favreau, who directed the first two “Iron Man” films, served as an executive producer on the third installment.
“I feel like a proud grandfather who doesn’t have to change the diapers but gets to play with the baby,” Favreau said, appearing on the Marvel panel with Cheadle and “Iron Man 3” director Shane Black.
Black said the film explores the roots of Stark’s mythology and feels like a culmination to the trilogy.
As to whether there could be more “Iron Man” movies after this one, Downey said: “The future is uncertain.”
“I’m super happy and this has been just an amazing journey,” he said.
Feige also announced other upcoming Marvel movies, including “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” the anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Ant Man.”
Director Edgar Wright made a surprise appearance at the panel and showed his test shots for the big-screen adaptation.
“I can reveal that Ant Man has been here the whole day,” Wright said of the diminutive superhero. “In fact, he was here to spy on the ‘Pacific Rim’ panel,” where Guillermo del Toro gave a look at his giant-robot-versus-massive-monsters flick earlier Saturday.
- Playing Iron Man was hard and I dug deep: Robert Downey Jr
- Kate Mara talks her 'weird cameo' in Iron Man 2 'that turned into nothing'... despite small promise of becoming part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Every Upcoming Marvel Studios Movie And TV Show
- The New Spider-Man Movie Has a Very Meta Title
- Marvel releases first look for Falcon And The Winter Soldier as OVER A DOZEN series and a handful of feature films in the MCU are announced by Disney
- Every Marvel TV Show and Movie Disney Just Announced
- Sundance 2020: Angelina Jolie, Robert Redford, Riley Keough, Bruce Lee Docu, Lena Waithe & LGBTQ+ Rights Pack Lineup
- Marvel's Blade Reboot Aiming for 2022 Release Date?
- BossLogic Transforms Cillian Murphy Into Doctor Doom, Can Marvel Be Swayed?
- Doctor Doom Script Finished, Noah Hawley Will Push Marvel to Make It
- Wonder Woman & Suicide Squad Are Coming to Comic-Con 2016
- Marvel x Michael Cho in special two-toned variants
- Every major movie and TV show announced during Disney's Investor Day
- 7pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Trippier ‘keen on United switch’, Pogba to stay in January – Raiola, Sancho LATEST
- It's here! The star-studded trailer for Avengers: Infinity War has officially landed
- Las mejores películas de Disney Plus ahora disponibles
- Las mejores películas de acción en Amazon Prime
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Director James Gunn Breaks Silence On High-Profile Disney Firing, & What He Learned From The Career Crisis That Followed — Deadline Disruptors
- Las 53 mejores películas en Amazon Prime Video (diciembre 2020)
- Should We Start Getting Used to the Same Familiar Movie Franchises?
San Diego Comic-Con: Marvel Studios announce plans, bring out Robert Downey Jr. for ‘Iron Man 3’ have 607 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 16, 2012. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.