DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Classic Media, owner of one of the most extensive portfolios featuring many of the best-known and most-enduring franchises in all of family entertainment, for $155 million in cash from Boomerang Media Holdings I LLC, a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm GTCR.Classic Media’s library of intellectual property, which is focused on family characters and brands, features a vast collection of filmed entertainment with over 450 titles and more than 6,100 episodes of animated and live-action programming. Classic Media owns one of the world’s largest comic book archives and media rights to the titles in the Golden Books library, which have sold over two billion copies worldwide. Their properties have been distributed in over 170 territories around the globe.With well-established titles such as Casper the Friendly Ghost, Where’s Waldo?, Lassie, The Lone Ranger, George of the Jungle and Rocky & Bullwinkle, Classic Media’s properties have been a fixture in mainstream entertainment for decades. The Christmas Classics – Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town – are the longest-running, highest-rated holiday specials in television history. Classic Media counts among… Read full this story
- DreamWorks Animation: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 3’ & ‘Abominable’ On The Importance Of Individuality – The Contenders NY
- ‘Lassie’, ‘George of the Jungle’ & ‘Mr. Magoo’ Animated Children’s Series Picked Up By CBS All Access
- ‘Missing Link’ Director On Animation Win: “I’m Flabbergasted”
- ‘Missing Link’ Director On Golden Globe Animation Win: “I’m Flabbergasted”
- Sony Animation President Kristine Belson Inks New Deal, Expands Role To Series
- Li Bao Ge Acquires Sun Kau Kee to Venture into Shanghai Market; Enters into Framework Cooperation Agreement with Freshippo
- Animals have an astounding response to bushfire. These are the tricks they use to survive
- Should anonymous social media accounts be banned?
- Interactive Avenues wins social media mandate for Rajasthan Royals
- 'Toy Story 4' to 'How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World': How to Create Sound From Scratch in Animation
DreamWorks Animation Acquires Classic Media have 347 words, post on movieweb.com at July 23, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.