DEALS OF THE WEEK: How to Make Mighty Morphin Millions: When Haim Saban launched the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in the 1990s, he quickly built an empire by spinning off the kids TV series into licensed toys, apparel and much more. Since Saban reacquired the brand two years ago, he has been trying to outdo himself with the help of a new revenue stream: digital. At the just-concluded Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, Saban touted not only a deal with Mattel for Power Rangers Hot Wheels cars but also the holiday launch of a Power Rangers video game on the Microsoft Xbox Kinect platform that allows the target group of young boys to place themselves in the middle of the action. “The boys action category has stayed consistently powerful,” says Elie Dekel, president of Saban Brands. “And the merchandise has expanded into interactive and mobile applications as well.” Transitioning brands to new platforms was a big theme at the expo as the industry celebrated the first year-over-year increase in royalty income from North America licensing since 2006, with entertainment brands accounting for a quarter of the $5.3 billion in annual business. Fox had its biggest presence to date, including a… Read full this story
- Score $20 off your $60 purchase of razors, Rogaine and more in this early Prime Day deal
- Every pet owner should purchase this Prime Day deal
- Amazon Prime Day deal slashes $200 off on this MacBook Pro
- Amazon Prime Day Deals 2019, Everything You Need To Know
- Amazon Echo vs. Google Home: Which Prime Day deal is better?
- The absolute best Prime Day deals you can buy right now
- Have a sneak-peek at these Amazon Prime Day deals
- Best Amazon deals – we reveal the HUGE Prime Day savings you can get this afternoon
- Amazon's Prime Day deals start today, and here's a preview of what to expect
- The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Home, Outdoor, and Lifestyle
7 Days of Deals have 308 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at June 19, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.