Article continues below … Editor’s Note: The quotes and details for this story came from numerous interviews with Brian Stann over the past year, as well interviews with other Marines who wereinvolved in Operation Matador. Some first names have been withheld as aprecautionary measure because it is unclear if some of the Marines remain in harm’s way. He is anything but happy on Memorial Day. There are too many sleepless nights and haunting memories; too much second guessing and too little peace; too many faces that will never grow old and families that will never be the same.UFC middleweight Brian Stann won’t enjoy this holiday. He never does. With another fight coming up in August, four short months after flying to Stockholm to defeat Italian Alessio Sakara, Stann will train a little on Memorial Day before nestling in with his wife, mother-in-law and two daughters. He won’t answer calls or read emails. Life is too short, time with family too precious for the distractions of today’s electronic age. And he won’t talk about that 10-day stretch seven years ago in Al Qaim, Iraq, a time that changed his life. “I’m done talking about Operation Matador,” Stann, a former Marine captain, told… Read full this story
- Paramount Moving Mark Wahlberg-Starrer ‘Infinite’ To Memorial Day Weekend 2021; Antoine Fuqua & Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Discuss Challenge Of Cutting A Movie In Surreal Moment
- Guest Commentary: Pause on Memorial Day to think of fallen heroes and those who are missing
- Drone footage captures prisoners digging graves in hazmat suits on Hart Island as NYC eyes it as a mass temporary burial site for coronavirus victims after 437 die in a day, bringing city death toll to 3,485
- Haunted Places In India You Don't Want To Visit
- 'The story of a weird world I was warned never to tell'
- Why PR People Are Obsessed With Valentine's Day
- 'Celebrity Ghost Stories' Psychic Kim Russo Takes Audiences to New Paranormal Realms With A&E Revival (Exclusive)
- 'Your lungs are badly scarred, you have 50/50 chance of pulling through': Coronavirus survivor, 39, tells of doctor's haunting words as he battled for breath in hospital
- Anzac Day to be marked with dawn services, online gatherings and driveway Last Posts
- Evil Spirits Haunt Lady Gaga
Stann’s Memorial Day brings haunting stories have 369 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 28, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.