New Jersey mom Patricia Krentcil. Photo: Brad Barket/Getty Images The political alliance between Mitt Romney and Donald Trump, consummated in February with a very awkward handshake, is about to get even closer. Romney is headed to Las Vegas on Tuesday for a Trump-hosted fund-raiser, the campaign is holding a fund-raising lottery for the chance to eat dinner with Trump (possibly at Famous Famiglia), and Trump is thinking about forming his own Romney-supporting super-PAC. Clearly, Trump is good for Romney’s bank account. But he also remains, to this day, a very confident, very unapologetic, very embarrassing birther: “Look, it’s very simple,” said Trump … “A book publisher came out three days ago and said that in his written synopsis of his book,” Trump went on, “he said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia. His mother never spent a day in the hospital.” “That’s what he told the literary agent,” Trump insisted. “That’s the way life works … He didn’t know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said … He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia … Now they’re saying it was a mistake. Just… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Snipes at Mitt Romney's 'Slaughtering by Obama' in Clash Over Election Fraud Claims
- Romney Says Trump's Lame Duck Actions May Be Worse than Transition Delay
- GOP Sen. Romney Roasts Trump’s Claims of Rigged Election, Says ‘Normally You Find Evidence FIRST’
- GOP senators turn on Trump: Mitt Romney lashes out at bid to overturn Michigan vote while Joni Ernst blasts president's lawyer for suggesting Republicans and Democrats 'paid to have elections fixed'
- Mitt Romney Casts Presidential Election Vote Against Donald Trump For the Second Time
- Romney on Trump election tactics: 'Difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action' by president
- Mike Pence, Mitt Romney Lead Poll for 2024 Republican Presidential Candidate—but Only if Trump Doesn't Run
- Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators who have 'privately' expressed their 'extreme contempt' for Donald Trump
- Another Republican senator tells Donald Trump to call it quits: Ohio's Rob Portman joins trickle of senior figures and says there is 'NO evidence' of widespread fraud
- Romney Scolds Trump for Fighting On: ‘Difficult to Imagine a Worse, More Undemocratic Action’ by President
How Much Longer Can Mitt Romney and Donald Trump Stay Pals? have 378 words, post on nymag.com at May 25, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.