‘Tis the season to head for the slopes, and, as if to prove that they are an indispensable part of our lives, smartphones have wiggled their way even into such a dynamic outdoorsy activity like skiing. There are applications for powder snow conditions at your favorite resorts, choosing ski gear, GPS tracking of your daily activities while on the slopes, using your phone with gloves, and even for virtual ski lessons , you name it. We’ve rounded up a few of them, so next time you are prepping the ski and snowboard gear to head for the mountains, don’t forget to fire some apps, and boost the experience. Weather Before you go there, you’d better check whether there is enough of the white stuff where you are heading, otherwise you’ll have to entertain yourself with assorted liquids. Ok, we see how this can sound ambiguous. Apps that show you what the weather is like at your favorite resorts are abundant and some are offered by popular outfitter brands. They go as far as providing you with powder snow locations, trail maps, user comments and even live webcams to check the resort conditions. It really depends where you are going, though,… Read full this story
- Europe eyes smartphone location data to stem coronavirus spread
- The best iPhone apps (March 2020)
- Forget Houseparty, Google Duo now supports 12 people in a video call
- Stay at home tips: Setup hourly reminders to wash your hands on your smartphone
- 14 Apps and Tools to Stave Off Cabin Fever
- Royals, ministers or even Boy George: Houseparty becomes isolation app of choice
- Spark says New Zealand network acting like a '7-day weekend'
- WWE's WrestleMania is this weekend. Here's how to watch and what to expect
- 17 things to do at home this weekend when you're bored in self-isolation
- Don’t Delay Your Stay: How to spend a weekend on the NSW south coast
Skiing this weekend? Don't forget your smartphone apps! have 311 words, post on www.phonearena.com at February 3, 2012. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.