Strange, a member of the great L.A. session group known as the Wrecking Crew, was perhaps best known for stepping into the spotlight on some of Nancy Sinatra's biggest hits. He was the arranger on "These Boots Are Made for Walkin’" and "Something Stupid," the singer's duet with her father, and his tremolo guitar was her sole accompaniment on "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)." He also played on countless hit records, for Ricky Nelson, the Everly Brothers and Phil Spector, to name a few.
Strange had writing credits on many songs, including Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" and Chubby Checker's "Limbo Rock." He was a member of the Musicians Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame. "He added raw insight to every session he sat in on," songwriter Van Dyke Parks told the Los Angeles Times .
- Ryan Bingham Pays Tribute to Billy Joe Shaver, Jerry Jeff Walker With Shaver’s ‘Live Forever’
- Alex Trebek, long-running 'Jeopardy!' host, dead at 80
- Billy Strings Plots Ryman Auditorium Livestream
- Ten Gifts That’ll Sound Great to Any Guitarist
- Guitarist Steve Hunter on His Journey From ‘Berlin’ to ‘Billion Dollar Babies’
- ‘Exuma’ at 50: How a Bahamian Artist Channeled Island Culture Into a Strange Sonic Ritual
- Neil Young: Legendary guitarist and rock star turns 75
- Monkees Singer and Bassist Peter Tork Dead at 77
- The even more definitive guide to Beatles covers
- AC/DC and the Gospel of Rock & Roll
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 6 (updated hourly)
- PIX: How the pandemic has changed tennis
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Nobby Stiles to Sean Connery
- The 50 Best Music Documentaries of All Time
- Veteran Sideman Brett Tuggle on His Years With Fleetwood Mac, David Lee Roth, and More
- Butch Vig on the 25th Anniversary of Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ and the ‘Mediocre’ State of Music
- Drill, hardcore punk and pop about snails: new artists for autumn
- 1000 novels everyone must read: Science Fiction & Fantasy (part two)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 2
- Inside Bob Dylan’s Lost Interviews and Unseen Letters
Billy Strange, Session Guitarist for Elvis, Dead at 81 have 369 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 24, 2012. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.