Steven Tyler‘s rendition of the national anthem before Sunday’s AFC Championship Game had many critics wondering if he’s qualified to judge musical talent on “American Idol.”
The 63-year-old singer clearly struggled to hit several of “The Star Spangled Banner’s” high notes before his beloved New England Patriots faced the Baltimore Ravens on the field — and also seemed to botch some of the lyrics.
The pro-Boston crowd may have been firmly behind the Aerosmith front man turned reality competition judge, but the rest of the Twitterverse wasn’t as kind.
ESPN analyst Skip Bayless added, “How could the Patriots be inspired by the awful Anthem sung by Steven Tyler? At least give him some screaming guitars to camouflage voice.”
“BREAKING: American Idol announces Steven Tyler is no longer fit to judge others,” tweeted another disgruntled listener, TodaysBull—.
Not everyone was a critic: Batman himself piped up in defense of Tyler’s performance.
“Still love Steven Tyler; not the worst “Banner”, by the way. Not even close,” posted actor Michael Keaton.
- What Colin Kaepernick’s National Anthem Protest Tells Us About America
- Michael Bennett: 'I can't stand for the national anthem'
- Raiders' last home game: Ranking the 10 greatest moments from Oakland's 'Black Hole'
- Harry Connick Jr. won't be watching the Super Bowl after 'disgraceful' officiating during his hometown New Orleans Saints NFC game
- Russia still on the pitch but anthem ban could hurt
- Football League: Championship promotion hopefuls suffer shocks
- Steven Soderbergh Looks Back At ‘The Limey,’ His Personal “Vortex Of Terror”
- Twins' Michael Pineda suspended 60 games after testing positive for performance-enhancing drug masking agent
- Steven Soderbergh on the 20th Anniversary of ‘The Limey’
- How Ed Orgeron voted in final Coaches Poll
- NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show
- Defense key not only to Bills' win over Steelers but also how the playoffs shake out in the AFC in January
- The 69 biggest, weirdest moments of the decade in PC gaming
- No. 1 Central Valley girls beats fifth-ranked Hamilton Heights in GEICO Nationals finals
- The Hill's Morning Report — Sponsored by AdvaMed — House panel delays impeachment vote until Friday
- Raiders heading to Las Vegas after NFL owners vote 31-1 in favor of move
- Hardline Eurosceptic Tories warn Boris Johnson not to 'betray' them on Brexit as they say they will not vote for a re-hashed version of Theresa May's deal
- Tyler Adams set for RB Leipzig return
- The Hill's Morning Report — Harris brings her A game to Miami debate
- Sri Lankan journalists fear situation may worsen after vote
Steven Tyler’s national anthem performance at AFC Championship Game voted down by critics have 443 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 23, 2012. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.