Wall Street analysts estimate that Apple has sold some 29 million iPhones during the past quarter. However, one analyst thinks that this number could be off by a whopping 50%.
UBS analyst Maynard Um sent the following note out to clients yesterday:
Assuming 8mn iPhones from AT&T, 1.2mn from Sprint, & 4.2mn from Verizon, the US alone would make up ~45% of our 30mn unit est for CY4Q. US mix has not been this high since the June qtr of ’09 & seems unlikely given the cont’d rapid expansion of int’l countries & carriers since that qtr. US mix in FY11 ranged between 25-29%. If US mix was similar to the high from FY10 of 38% for CY4Q, it would imply demand for ~43.6mn iPhones (albeit unlikely that high given lower supply relative to demand). Each incremental 1mn iPhones is ~$0.21 in EPS.
According to CNN Money, the consensus reached by 15 independent analysts is that Apple as sold 33.37 million iPhones during the Q1 2012 period, higher than Wall Street expectations, but not a 50% bump.
We’ll know come January 24 how many iPhones Apple has sold, but in the meantime time for a prediction – how many iPhones do you think Apple sold during the Q1 2012 period?
- Apple sells fewer phones but profits rise
- Huawei overtakes Apple as world's No 2 smartphone seller
- Apple cuts outlook, sees "challenges" in China and emerging markets
- Asia markets stage slight recovery but tech firms soured by Apple
- Apple tests smartwatch market with quiet debut of Cook's first product
- Apple prepares to unveil smaller iPhone with narrower ambitions
- Apple's China legal battle over iPad spreads to U.S.
- Apple upbeat on iPhone SE demand but some Asian retailers, suppliers less cheery
- Staff fear the chop in Samsung Elec annual reshuffle
- Uncertain future of IT product distributors
- Samsung mobile recovery suffers blow as Galaxy Notes 'catch fire'
- LG Electronics seeks to revive mobile arm with new V20 smartphone
- Samsung scraps Galaxy Note 7 over fire concerns
- China says it will retaliate after Trump imposes fresh tariffs
- External factors should be focus of Vietnam’s economy in 2019: VinaCapital
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 8/10
- LG Electronics seeks to revive mobile arm with new V20 smartphone Tech
- Samsung mobile recovery suffers blow as Galaxy Notes 'catch fire' Tech
How many iPhones did Apple sell last quarter? have 360 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 5, 2012. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.