Tennessee coach Pat Summitt is the 2011 recipient of the Mildred”Babe” Didrikson Zaharias Courage Award.U.S. Sports Academy director of communications Duwayne Escobedopresented Summitt with the award before the third-ranked LadyVolunteers’ season opener against Pepperdine on Sunday.The 59-year-old Summitt revealed in August that she had beendiagnosed with early onset dementia, Alzheimer’s type. She says shedisclosed her diagnosis in hopes of helping others understand theycould still live their lives after being diagnosed withAlzheimer’s.The Courage Award is presented annually in honor of anindividual who demonstrates courageous action in overcomingadversity to excel in sport.
- Bill Russell Receives Arthur Ashe Courage Award At ESPYS
- Carol Vorderman leaves Simon Cowell speechless at Pride of Britain awards
- Girl, 6, given bravery award for saving mum’s life
- Meet the 50th Annual GMA Dove Awards Nominees
- BAFTAs 2019: Olivia Colman jokes she's going to get 'P***ED' after winning Best Actress award as she and Rachel Weisz share sweet kiss after The Favourite sweeps the board with SEVEN gongs
- The 2019 NAACP Image Awards Noms Are Here. Naturally, Wakanda Is Forever Winning with Black Panther
- The 2019 NAACP Image Awards Noms Are Here. Naturally, Wakanda Is Forever Winning with
- Big wins for ‘Fleabag,’ Phoebe Waller-Bridge at Emmy Awards
- ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Fleabag’ take top honors at Emmy Awards
- Shah Rukh Khan to be honoured with 'Excellence in Cinema' award at film fest in Melbourne
Tennessee’s Summitt presented with Courage Award have 220 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 13, 2011. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.