Well before Wisconsin’s season was sidetracked by back-to-backroad losses, the school had thrown its promotional weight behind amedia campaign for Russell Wilson as a Heisman Trophycandidate.If Wilson had a vote, though, he says he’d cast it for thetouchdown machine who lines up behind him: Running back MonteeBall.”I’d probably have to vote for Montee,” Wilson said this week.”He’s my teammate. He’s the man. `Money Ball,’ I guess they callhim.”With three touchdowns in last Saturday’s 42-13 victory atMinnesota, Ball has scored 27 times this season. That broke the BigTen single-season touchdown record, previously held by Pete Johnson(Ohio State, 1975), Anthony Thompson (Indiana, 1988) and Ki-JanaCarter (Penn State, 1994).Going into Saturday’s game at Illinois, Ball said therealization that he broke the record hadn’t quite settled in yet.At least Ball remembered to keep the ball.”The only ball that I saved is the one when I broke the record,and that’s about it,” Ball said. ”I gave it to my parents andthey put it in a trophy case.”Ball said he’s most thrilled by the idea being mentioned in thesame breath as some of the star running backs who came before himat Wisconsin.”That’s really what I think about is being mentioned with theones before me is an… Read full this story
- New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I, Highlights: BlackCaps edge SL despite Malinga breaking T20I record
- LaVar Ball Relaunching Big Baller Brand with New Shoes, Website
- Europe on 'red alert' as heatwave breaks temperature records, causes wildfires, claims multiple lives
- The UK economy breaks more records – for all the wrong reasons
- Jonathan Taylor breaks one of Herschel Walker’s rushing records
- Prem Nazir, Pulimurugan & More: Mollywood Entrants To The Guinness World Records!
- Jean-Michel Jarre On Edward Snowden, Pete Townshend, Guinness-Record Concerts
- Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor rushes into elite company
- AP Poll: Gophers Drop To #15 After Being Routed By Badgers
- Derrick Henry breaks Ken Hall's national rushing record
RB Ball breaks Big Ten record for Badgers have 323 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2011. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.