Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) submitted a proposal to hike power prices months ago. However, speaking to the media on the sidelines of the National Assembly meeting on Monday, Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai said power prices will not be adjusted in November. He told assembled reporters that the Government is waiting for the audit result on power prices of the electricity group before any decision on pricing is made. Excerpts The Saigon Times Daily: The Government’s Decision 24 allows EVN to adjust power selling prices by a maximum of 5% based on changes in input costs. Is there any reason why the Government has not approved a power price increase? – Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai: The group can suggest power price increases based on its financial balance. However, the final adjustment rests with the Government’s authority, through the consideration of related agencies. The Government has to balance power prices in accordance with macro-economic stability, inflation and social security. What are your thoughts on a number of investors complaining that power prices that are restrained below production costs in the long term can lead to other consequences, such as lacking capital for power investment? – They are right….
- Centre mulls more steps to keep cash-strapped power discoms afloat
- India’s LNG imports jumped 68 per cent in Feb as energy companies take advantage of low prices
- Price of electricity lower in two months amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Planned Hinkley Point nuclear power station under fire from energy industry
- US consumer prices post largest drop in five years amid coronavirus disruptions
- Government approves three-month 10% electricity price cut
- House prices resume growth, says Land Registry
- Vietnam cuts solar power buying price
- EIA forecasts Brent crude oil prices to average $33 in 2020
- Smartphones could get a second price hike after lockdown ends
Power prices won’t increase this month have 288 words, post on at November 8, 2011. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.