For most teen girls, one of the best parts about prom is getting decked out in a fancy dress. For one night only, jeans and t-shirts are cast aside in favor of frills and sparkles. This season, there are plenty of fantastic eye-catching and figure flattering styles to choose from. So whether you prefer long and elegant, short and flirty or full-on ball gowns, there’s a style out there that will suit your fashion senses and bring out the best in you.
Long and Elegant
Girls who want a long elegant dress for their prom night have some wonderful age-appropriate options that will let them channel their inner Hollywood diva. One such gown is the Silky Knit Dress with Beaded X Back. With its vibrant lime color and sleek styling, this dress is sure to turn heads in the high school gymnasium. The dress has an empire bodice that is ruched at the bust for texture, while the silky knit material shines and slims. The straps of this dress are beaded for added sparkle and form an X at the back. Made of imported polyester, the Silky Knit Dress with Beaded X Back is fully lined and can only be spot cleaned.
If lime green is not your scene, a darker hued gown like the Beaded One Shoulder Jersey Dress is a more muted option. Available in Iris, this dark blue stunner has a dramatic one-shoulder strap with beaded detailing that extends across the back. With a slim cut in comfortable jersey fabric, this gown skims the body for a flattering silhouette that is bold, yet chic. The Beaded One Shoulder Jersey Dress is made of imported polyester and is fully lined. It must be dry-cleaned.
Girls who want a bit of the rocker vibe in their prom gown will adore the Black and Silver Ombre Glitter Dress. This strapless number is made of ombre glitter fabric and features side ruching on the bodice and a side split on the skirt that reveals a shimmering silver underlay. The Black and Silver Ombre Glitter Dress is fully lined with a back zip, and is also dry clean only.
Short and Flirty
Teens who favor a more youthful, short and flirty style prom dress also have a wide array of frocks to choose from. For a dress that is certain to have your parents flashing back to the 1980s, the Short Strapless Ombre Pick Up Dress is a truly trendy choice. This fun little fuchsia number features a pick-up skirt with a bubble hem. The strapless bodice is also ruched at the side for a more flattering fit. This dress is fully lined with a back zip and must be dry-cleaned.
For a preppier look in a shorter style, the Short Strapless Slim Dress with Flower Waist is a classic beauty, with its subtle sweetheart neckline and slim pleated skirt. The waist of this dress is accented with a large floral detail that is black on the lavender and fuchsia dresses and white on the navy dress. This dress is fully lined with a back zip and is dry clean only.
For girls who feel that short and sweet or long and elegant just won’t cut it for prom, the only option is to go full-on princess style with a fabulous ball gown. Today’s ball gowns come in a rainbow of colors and are styled with modern updates that give them a fun, youthful twist.
One such style is the Strapless Taffeta Pick Up Ball Gown. This fuchsia stunner features a strapless bodice with a drop waist that gives you a slimming A-Line silhouette. The skirt is full with pick-up detailing, for an updated take on a classic design. The dress has a back zip and is fully lined. It is made of imported polyester and is dry clean only.
A more traditional take on this classic full-skirted dress is the Strapless Organza Ball Gown with Bow Back. This stunning number in bold royal blue has a strapless bodice adorned with subtle pleated sequin details. The skirt is full with a sheer organza overlay for an almost ethereal look to its A-Line silhouette. For an added touch of femininity, the back has a bow detail. The Strapless Organza Ball Gown with Bow Back is made of imported polyester and is fully lined with a side zip. It is dry clean only.
No matter if your preference is long and sleek, short and sweet or ball gown bodacious, teens today have a ton of prom dress styles to choose from. Details like ruching, drop or empire waists and A-line skirts not only supply added pizzazz, but they are also great figure friendly design elements that make for a perfectly eye-catching and figure flattering prom dress.
Mike Meer is a freelance writer who writes about a variety of fashion topic and products such as
- 'All dressed up and nowhere to go': Eleanor Tomlinson catches the eye in a silver tassel dress as she poses up a storm for impromptu shoot at home
- Amanda Holden trades eye-popping for elegance as she sports a formal blue midi dress and matching suit jacket to present her Heart FM show
- Kylie Jenner brings back her ultra-long braid as she models slinky gold dress for desert photoshoot
- Bella Hadid cuts a typically chic figure in tied-up white blouse and flared trousers as she packs her bags ahead of the Fourth Of July
- TOWIE's Amber Turner sets pulses racing as she showcases her incredible figure in teal lingerie made from recycled plastic
- Elizabeth Hurley, 55, shows off her phenomenal figure in a bandeau bikini as she models her swimwear range
- Ashley Roberts exudes summer chic in a canary yellow blazer dress with statement shoulders as leggy star leaves radio studios
- Fashion twins! As Kate Middleton dons an identical £525 Beulah London dress worn by Princess Mary of Denmark, FEMAIL recalls the VERY similar looks shared by the royal style sisters
- Making a splash! Lady Amelia Windsor steps out in a VERY vibrant tie-dye dress as she grabs a coffee in Notting Hill after spending lockdown at her parents' Cambridge home
- Malin Akerman shows off her slender figure in plunging red dress at British Academy Games Awards in London
- Amanda Holden exudes elegance in yellow and lavender printed dress as she continues style parade at Global Studios
- Love Island's Rebecca Gormley shows off her sensational figure in a tight red dress for romantic date night with beau Biggs Chris
- And all that jazz! Bindi Irwin paints the town in dazzling Chicago inspired showgirl dress complete with tassel skirt and fishnet tights on Dancing With The Stars US
- Kourtney Kardashian shows off her trim figure in teal bikini as she poses in her closet
- Love Island's Arabella Chi flaunts her jaw-dropping figure in a TINY black bikini as she poses poolside on Ibiza getaway
- Amanda Holden turns heads in a plunging polka dot dress as she shields herself from the rain under her rainbow umbrella while leaving work
- Rebecca Gayheart shows ex Eric Dane of Grey's Anatomy fame what he's missing in hot pink dress... just months after their split
- Nominee Gillian Anderson and lookalike daughter Piper wear almost identical strapless black dresses to Olivier Awards
- Best summer dresses for women to buy for the season ahead
- Charlotte Hawkins looks picture perfect in a polka dot dress
Eye Catching and Figure Flattering Prom Dresses have 1212 words, post on mikemeer.articlealley.com at June 1, 2011. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.