Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao was hoping Friday to deliver a big hit ahead of his WBO title fight against the American Shane Mosley in Las Vegas next month with the release of his first single.
Pacquiao recorded the 1970s hit “Sometimes When We Touch” with the song’s creator, the Canadian singer Dan Hill, and was preparing for their debut on national television, the Asian Journal reported.
It was the welterweight’s performance of the song on “The Jimmy Kimmel Show” last November that sparked the unlikely union, with an impressed Hill calling on his agent to set up a meeting.
“He did such an amazing job,” Hill said, describing Pacquiao’s delivery as “sincere” and “honest.”
The pair was set to return to “The Jimmy Kimmel Show” together to unveil the song next week, while the process of the men’s collaboration was also set to be released as a documentary.
“It would show Manny and I getting to know each other, talking about each other and us singing the song,” Hill explained. “I’m a huge fan of Manny’s, not just the boxer — obviously he is an amazing boxer — but even more so as a human being.”
Pacquiao, who was training in Los Angeles ahead of the Mosley fight, returned the compliment during the song’s filming, telling the cameras, “I’m nervous, but I’m happy. He is my idol.”
- Mariah Carey joyfully unwraps plaque recognizing worldwide 'multi-platinum' success of her hit single All I Want For Christmas Is You and its coordinating holiday album
- SZA Drops Her New Single ‘Good Days’ to Enjoy on Your Christmas Days
- Kate Garraway says she 'hopes to form a bubble' with husband Derek Draper so she can see him on Christmas Day amid his Covid battle
- Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr and Conor McGregor in 2021 is ‘very realistic’ if coronavirus vaccine is rolled out
- Boxing Great Manny Pacquiao May Be the Philippines’ Next President
- How a cancelled flight and fluke meeting at NBA game paved way for richest fight ever between Mayweather and Pacquiao
- Pacquiao v Mayweather, Hatton v Brook.. 2012 will be one hell of year
- 'They're raring to go': Little Mix 'vow to continue as a trio with a new single set for release and plans for another series of The Search' after Jesy Nelson left the band
- 'There is movement': Ursula von der Leyen hails 'new beginnings with old friends' amid hopes of Brexit breakthrough as she says talks are in the 'very last mile' - but Tory MPs warn Boris must QUIT if negotiations collapse with No Deal
- US hits grim new daily record with 3,656 coronavirus deaths
- ‘The Jerry Lewis’: The Untold Story of the Beastie Boys Single That Never Was
- Justin Bieber collaborates with the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir for a charity rendition of his hit song Holy in bid for Christmas number one
- London markets edge up amid hopes of imminent Brexit deal with FTSE up 0.5% or 31 points on 6,527 - but investors remain cautious over ports crisis and fears of new Covid strain
- Kirsty Gallacher discusses the 'stress' of becoming a single mum, learning to cope with being alone after hitting 'rock bottom' and how brother-in-law Russell Brand is a 'pillar of support'
- Quack cure or Covid hope? Six things you can buy in the shops that scientists believe could protect against severe coronavirus infection
- 'I wasn't about to drop her!' Joy-Anna Duggar hits back after being criticized for the way she was holding her baby daughter - but fails to address public fury over her decision to take the infant to church amid the pandemic
- Coronavirus' impact on single parent families? Furlough, cut hours and foodbanks
- LadBaby and his family celebrates landing a Christmas Number One for the third year running with his single Don’t Stop Me Eating
- Our only hope amid this Covid-19 horror? All hands to the pump for the vaccine rollout, writes Professor ANGUS DALGLEISH
- Single mum charged £170 on Christmas Eve as 1.5million E.on customers hit by IT glitch
Pacquiao hoping for hit with single have 656 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 21, 2011. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.