The Washington Post reports that President Obama has chosen Jay Carney as the replacement for Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, who will leave the White House in February. Carney is currently communications director for Vice President Joe Biden. Other candidates considered were Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton and Deputy Communications Director Jennifer Psaki. Read the full story at the Washington Post. In other news: Rahm Can Run for Chicago Mayor.
- Trump’s new press secretary Kayleigh McEnany mocks Nancy Pelosi over her fancy ice cream fridge
- The Worst Part About Trump’s War on the Press? It’s Working, Even in a Pandemic, Journalism Watchdog Reports
- Prospects of New START Treaty Depend on Washington's Stance - Kremlin
- Obama Takes Very Unsubtle Dig at Trump’s Leadership During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Bloomberg moves past presidential defeat with virus crusade
- Former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill dies at age 84
- It's 5 o'clock. Do you know where your president is?
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan resigning
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: NATO Deputy Secretary General Geoană says alliance must fight disinformation campaigns from bad actors; Senate to pass relief bill today
- Dems to David Brock: Stop Helping, You Are Killing Us
Obama Names New Press Secretary have 186 words, post on www.theroot.com at January 28, 2011. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.